"Some people don't like the newer modifications to our society kid. We don't accept it. We miss our old days without all the ridiculous fancy technology. So, you can shove your fancy devices up your ass."

"Excuse me?" The kid's mother came back from the restroom. "What did you just tell my son to do?"

"Nothing ma'am, nothing..." He sighed, standing up. "Don't worry I'm moving my ass."

"Oh, poor baby. Was that man being rude to you?" The man scoffed as the mom babied her son. She ruffled the boy's chestnut curls and got out her transmitter. It's a substitution for almost everything.

Music, tv, and social media.

Everything.

"People in this generation our lazy, useless, spoiled brats." The man peered down at his old-fashioned phone and noticed a few text messages.

Rod: Hey, Walter u bout here yet bud?

Rod: Hurry your ass up!!

Walter: I'm almost there.

Ugh. Walter rubs his temples and pulls out his earbuds. Matchbox Twenty went off anyways. He turned his music off.

"You're here at your destination." A robotic voice announced to the crowds of people riding the tubes. The sub-tubes appeared before every seated person and they walked into the tube, and it sent them either up a tube or down a tube depending on their routes being underground or in the towers.

Well, the man stood up from his seat and stood in the center of the tube, and it shot up suddenly, encasing him in it. The tube was a strong, sturdy glass, and a cylinder shape. The tubes were somewhat like elevators.

Soon the tube traveled downwards into a building and stopped at its destination.

"You're here at building Ai's." The automatic voice announced.

"Yup, just the place I wanted to be at." He comments sarcastically. He roamed the long halls. He saw some new picture frames of different Ais hanging across the walls. He finally stopped in front of Rod's office.

Or more like lab/home. Considering how much time he spends in it and what he does in the large room. It wasn't your modern-looking office.

But this was the future. Things change over time. Life moves on with or without you.

Walter didn't like it. Neither did his grandpa. The poor guy died hating this generation. So, would Walter. He'd make it his legacy to walk in his grandpa's shoes.

Or that's what he thought...

"Finally! Walter!" Rod's loud booming voice beckoned. Walter groaned as the skinny guy came up to him. His bright platinum blond hair pierced his eyes. His place didn't change one bit. He had almost every new model, a prototype of the technology, and the new and older Ai's on all sides of the room.

There wasn't an office desk, there were tubes of Ai fuels, wires, and old and newer Ai projects set aside.

Rod was a young prodigy. He was in his late 20s making newer AIs that could do amazing things.

While Walter was forty-two. He was pretty old-fashioned. And against Ai's, entertainers known as the transmitters. There was no use for tv anymore.

"You look...eh..." Rod examined him. Walters's eyes had sleeping bags under them, his usual gray eyes were looking duller, and his black hair had streaks of gray in it, which must've been from stress thought Rod. And yet his body was in good shape, he had an athletic body, a nice build. He probably still works on cars. He was an excellent mechanic. He wore a metal T-shirt and black jeans.