,re,

Stargazing. Madeline's favorite thing to do. Of course, that came after dancing. She loved how bright the stars shined in the navy hue that the night sky chose to call theirs. She loved how the moon would reflect on the lake, and swirl in the waves she would make in the lake, bare feet brushing the water. Going alone was always her choice, because it has more space for her thoughts, and to listen to her dreams.

    That day had nothing out of ordinary. A Friday night, after a long week of dancing around familiar faces, in a familiar place, in that familiar city.  The only unfamiliar thing was those piercing eyes of his, those Madeline never saw again. She didn't know his name, but surely was looking forward to meet him again. To see his blonde messy hair, which framed his complexions perfectly. Sure, she had wandered with her brother all around the Boiling Isles, but she never met someone like thag misterious man.  

    The young dancer's toughts were interrupted by a loud snap. A twig broke, making her jump slightly. Behind her, a tall figure stood, hands in pockets, wild hair tucked neatly in a low ponytail. And there they were.  magenta eyes, complemented with dark eyebags.

    "It's you." She muttered, surprised by their sudden meeting. The man nodded, and sat besides her, ashy hair iluminated by the shining stars.  Even keeping her gaze discretely at him, the girl had the oportunity to take notes of his most remarkable features. A roman-like nose, with a scar across it, finding its end on his sharp jawline. Loose strands of hair she had the urge to tuck back. Left ear pierced. Noted. "What are you doing out here? It's late and cold." Madeline tugged on her xale.

    "I needed to breathe. And the sky looked lovely." He answered, in his rasp voice. "What about you? Shouldn't you be sleeping by now, Lady Phoenix?" She chuckled, leaning back to lay on the grass.

    "If I might say, the sky sure is lovely, so I took my oportunity to watch it. Also, please, call me Madeline." She gave him a cheeky smile, which he retributed with a grin.

    "I'm Jasper." He laid besides her, looking to the sky. Jasper. His name was like a melody. It ressonated in her head, and her heart beated in syncrony with the sillabic measure of that name. As his name repeated itself in her head, a question lingered in the tip of her tongue.

    "Why did you catch me that day?" The dancer asked, an eyebrow rosed.

    "Reflexes."

    "That quickly?" Madeline contested, earning a low chuckle from Jasper. 

    "I was trained to this. Y'know, to have it. You never know who I'll find in my way."

    "Trained? Are you a militair?" Exclaimed the brown haired girl, face shifting into a slight panic.

    "Kind of..." The blonde scratched the scar on his cheek. "I'm a Bounty Hunter. Not an official one, I work for my uncle." She turned to her side, looking at him. "What about you? Are you just some dancer or..?"

    "Oh, I'm a Wayfarer." Jasper tilted his head slightly.

    "You travel all around the Boiling Isles because you don't have a house?"

    "Quite contrary. I have a house, but not a home. I ran away with my brother ten years ago, because my parents were always arguing and fighting...It was hostile for two kids. So we figured out that, with my singing, and improvement of my dancing, and Jay's natural talent with music, we'd spread songs around the Isles." He approved, with a hum. "We get an decent ammount of money, so its enough for us both to survive, but still, not enough to have a forever home." The wayfarer bit the inside of her cheek, as she darted her gloomy eyes, like they once were, a long time ago, to the dark sky. Jasper sighed, looking at her dreary complexion. He broke the silence after a while.