"Okay. I just wanted to take part." She says as she shrugs.

My eyes move over to Alia and Kiaan as their tree lights up and their faces brighten up before Alia reaches up and kisses him on the cheek.

"Myra and DD go with second place." Eva cheers as she raises their arms.

"And then," Eva says as she walks around. "Ah, Alia and Kiaan go with the third."

Alia lets out an energetic holler as Eva raises their arms.

"Congratulations."

Everyone claps for them and the three couples look happy as they smile. I know winning or losing isn't the important thing here, it's the happiness that's around.

I am sure it means something to Foziah, Asad, Myra, DD, Alia, and Kiaan even if they aren't getting any huge prizes here.

"Where's mom?" Eva asks as she looks around.

"Yes?" Eva's mother asks from the crowd that's huddled around us.

"Hey, mom, your couple didn't win today." She says teasingly making everyone laugh.

"Is that embarrassing?" Neil asks me slowly as he chuckles.

"A little," I admit as I hold his arm.

"It just wasn't their day today." Her mother says as she laughs with everyone.

"Whatever you say, mom." Eva rolls her eyes. "Everyone please enjoy the party."

"That we will," Sara says as she drags Kabir with her.

"I can't believe that the only time you guys visit me is during Christmas," Eva says as she walks up to us. "And all because of what? To warm up in the bed?"

"Eva." I frown.

"I am being honest." She laughs. "Anyway, I am happy we offer you a good bed."

"Yeah, thanks for that," Neil says and I look at him in disbelief.

Eva raises her eyebrows. "Wow. You are welcome, Mr. Khanna."

Neil chuckles with her and I just shake my head trying to control my smile. Years and he is still the same.

All of these years if there has been anything constant that is his support and love. I still remember the depression I was in when somehow my business wasn't gaining the profit it should have.

Of course, I had the team to work with all of this and change our schemes but I had this fear instilled in me that maybe everyone was right. I couldn't handle it. And honestly, it wasn't easy to accept it, and that too in front of your husband who is so successful.

I am glad for his encouraging words and him never trying to show off how good he is at it. The main problem was the thing that I had gotten into a business enmity with one of the businesswomen and since then I lost a few shareholders.

Now I have learned from my husband to sometimes shut my mouth for my own good. It wasn't a really good idea to show that woman her place when all I had to do was ignore her comments.

Some lessons learned stay with us forever and I am not ashamed to accept that I do learn something from my husband and children. All four of us learn something from each other when it comes to serious situations.

When Niam and Navya were going to school and I realized that it isn't always great to take them to our office because they might feel bored so I decided I'll work from home.

Neil decided we will share the days and for the first three days of the week he worked from home half-day after picking up the children from school and last three days I worked from home.