Chapter Forty-Five.

Start from the beginning

"I'm very much offended, thanks—"

"I don't suppose those dating rumours between you and Harry came out of nowhere?" Anastasia said. "I mean, look at you two now..." James and Lily rose their eyebrows.

"You would think that a godmother would be grateful that her goddaughter isn't living a sad and miserable life," Penny said pettily. "Unless, of course, you don't like seeing her happy?"

"Of course I love seeing her happy," Anastasia said. "But that cancels out when she toys with others' feelings!"

"How is she toying with others' feelings? Last time I checked, she's not going around and kissing anyone who gives her the time of day," Olivia said.

"Sobbing to Harry about her dead boyfriend and then kissing him. Tell me what that sounds like."

"That's not at all what happened," Penny frowned.

"Why aren't you defending her?" Bill chimed, briefly glancing at the older adults.

"Well— I mean— I just don't want either party hurt," Lily said slowly, averting her eyes. (Y/n) chewed her cheek, staring holes into the counter. Her eyes glazed over, a sign that she was no longer listening. She shook excess water off her hand.

"What you're being is insensitive," Bill stated. "She's, for once, not choosing to stay cooped up in her room all the time and she's trying to put in the effort to move on, yet you're going to shame her for it?"

"That's not what—"

"Right, 'cause that's your girl until (Y/n)'s an actual teenage girl and not some obedient robot that's off taking tasks bigger than herself," Olivia said. "Harry Potter deserves an apology from the Wizarding community just as much as (Y/n) (Y/l/n) deserves one from her family... Presently, one seems far more accomplishable than the other!"

"What's going on?" Remus asked sternly as a fox darted up the stairs past him and Mary, both of whom had returned with bags for dinner, (Y/n)'s wounds, and some add-ons.

"How cute— Wait, (Y/n), these are for you!" Mary said, setting two bags on the counter before hurrying back up the stairs. Remus turned his stare back onto those sitting in the basement before setting down the groceries and following Mary's lead with another bag in hand.

(Y/n) scratched repeatedly and frantically on the door to her shared bedroom. The talking inside came to an abrupt halt and there were frantic whispers.

"Did (Y/n) bring the kittens over? Effie and Crookshanks are already in here."

"She's the size of a cat, morons!"

"Whoa, you didn't need to say it, Ginny..."

"No! She's a—" Ginny opened the door and smiled down at (Y/n), "—fox." (Y/n) turned quickly back into herself as she pranced into the room.

"You guys got them, then?" (Y/n) whispered, glancing back over her shoulder. There were multiple proud nods. They grew instantly livid by the sound of singing and talking from down the hall.

"Fox on the run," Mary was singing under her breath, much to (Y/n)'s dismay.

"Really?" Remus mused.

"You scream and everybody comes a-running," Mary continued. Before Ginny could hurriedly close it, Mary stuck her shoe between the door and its frame. "Whoa! Not so fast. (Y/n)'s cut is still open and I don't trust this house's air... Anyways, I got the VHS' and the cassette tapes you girls asked for and I didn't know what kind of bandages Lily meant, so I grabbed a couple and I also got a first aid kit for the house because Sirius doesn't already have one." She rolled her eyes. "Oh! And I also got you something that I know is going to make me your favourite aunt," she added, her eyes twinkling at (Y/n). Remus rose his eyebrow down at the journals the kids were subtly trying to cover.