🌺 Bittersweet destiny 🌺

The grounds were shaking, the mountains were collapsing; it was all over... He is no longer there...

The knights began to search everywhere only to find the missing alchemist. A few days later, he's nowhere to be found.

Everyone tried not to waver—especially Kaeya. Their worried expressions were clearly tainted on their faces.

'How'd he end up missing?' became a common question amongst themselves. It wasn't anyone's fault, unless...

"I'm sorry," Kaeya's voice broke down who's had his eyes glued longer to the ground. "It was my—"

"No," Jean interrupted, "I must be the one responsible for dragging you all into this mess... If it wasn't for me who sent him alone to investigate the ruin, we wouldn't come looking for him right now."

Yet, even after the Acting Grandmaster's apologetic speech, no one still felt relieved. And so..

"We will pursue finding Albedo first thing in the morning. I request everyone to please take a rest."

This announcement made Kaeya feel even more uneasy. Their search had failed once again, so he waited for everyone to fall asleep before carefully finding a way out to scout by himself. 

.
.
.

He has 5 hours—5 hours is enough to find him before the crack of dawn.

.
.

His heart began to pound as beads of sweat crept down his body... It wasn't long after he found traces of blood slightly tainted in the snow. He had a nasty feeling about this, he just knew it. And slowly, the cold environment is slowly killing him.

But if he fails to find him, he'll blame himself for life.

"Albedo," He silently mumbled, worried about what might happen to him.

.

.

.

3 hours left..

.

.

Kaeya scanned the ruins only to discover a small painting scattered across the floor, until–

.
.

"AAAAGHHH!"

.
.
.

A scream was heard from blocks away. He ran towards it faster than the speed of light, to the point where lungs were about to collapse. But he didn't stop there, and thus, the shrieking noise kept going.

But the moment he arrived, it immediately stopped. A hint of relief slightly washed over him. But then, he realized the sound of footsteps approaching toward his direction...

.

.

"Checkmate." said the voice from behind

.

.

His eyes widened, not knowing where to face.

"And who's there?!" Kaeya gasped in fury as the moment he scanned around the area, still gripping onto his chest tightly.

.

.

"My, if it isn't the Cavalry Captain. I'm very delighted to see you."

Before Kaeya had a chance to respond, his vision gave up. Failing to recognize the man standing before him. So before he knew it...

.
.
.

His vision grew dark.

.
.
.

There's 2 hours left

.

.

Kaeya found himself tied up in chains. Slowly but surely, he blinked a few times, finally recognizing Albedo holding a canvas.

"Albe—"

"Shh." Albedo interrupted him. Not giving the helpless captain another chance to speak.

Kaeya tried to protest, but a sly smile spread across his face, waiting for Albedo to finish sketching.

"You look surprisingly handsome in that state. I'm not sure whether or not I should let you go."

Kaeya wasn't sure if Albedo was either complimenting him, trying to tease him, or just being sarcastic.

So instead, he replied, "You seriously baited me with animal blood rather than asking me directly. You even involved the knights including the Acting Grandmaster to search for you."

The Alchemist froze, leaning towards the Captain he's admired so much. 

"I had a feeling that only you would be able to find me. Turns out my instincts were correct. In other words, my plan was a success. Besides, even if the Acting Grandmaster takes me everywhere, I could certainly defend myself, but..."

He grabbed Kaeya's collar, bringing their faces a centimeter closer. 

"I want the captain to always find me first."

Hearing those words from the Alchemist gave a hint of red tint on his face.

"Heh, so is this your way of saying that you like me?" Kaeya finally said.

Albedo stopped, looking up to meet his eyes and replied, "I suppose you can put it that way"

Neither of them spoke, but soon after, Kaeya came back to his senses and said, "Come on, we have to get back before Jean and the knights wake up."

"...And we will continue this conversation once we get back"

End.