Chapter Forty-Four.

Start from the beginning

"What?"

"What's that gotta do with feelings?" Fred asked, raising an eyebrow. Ginny ignored him, merely staring expectantly at Harry.

"Would you?" Ginny pressed.

"What's she on about?" Bill, who sat beside (Y/n), whispered. "Is this some kind of code?"

"I believe so," (Y/n) said, narrowing her eyes at Ginny before she tilted her head back and smirked over at Harry.

"What was that?" Tonks gaped.

"Ginny, stop pestering Harry," Molly said scoldingly. "And (Y/n), headphones off at the table, please," she added softly. (Y/n) obliged, slipping her headphones around her neck and pausing her walkman.

"If you don't," said Ginny protectively, "I know plenty that do."

"Yes, Ginny," said Harry pettily, "I do like caramel very much."

"What's caramel code for?" James asked. (Y/n) could tell Hermione was getting antsy, wishing to burst out and tell them what was going on.

"Hermione," (Y/n) said, sending Hermione a pleading look.

"Oh! Caramel," Ron said suddenly, a knowing smirk coming to his face.

"What? What's caramel?" Fred demanded.

"When I was at Hogwarts, my friends and I used food as coding for friends," Lily said, covering her mouth as she chewed and swallowed her food. "Is that it?"

"Hermione," Harry said pleadingly the moment Hermione opened her mouth. Hermione sunk in her seat, pressing her lips together to keep quiet.

"Harry and (Y/n) snogged," Hermione blurted. She dropped her fork and her hands flew over her mouth as she sunk into her chair. Harry gaped at her whilst (Y/n) continued eating nonchalantly. There was stunned silence in which people wondered whether or not Hermione was joking.

"Well, snogging's a bit of a stretch," (Y/n) finally said. "It was more of a little peck." Due to neither of them tried to deny it and (Y/n) even confirming it, there was an instant outbreak of voices.

"(Y/n), it's never too late to back out and say you don't want to be a Potter," Marlene said, her voice laced with concern for (Y/n)'s future.

"They're just like us, Lils," James said proudly.

"Except I don't get the feeling (Y/n) absolutely hates Harry's guts," Sirius jeered.

"You've got it all wrong," (Y/n) said. "Harry Potter is my biggest nuisance and enemy." Harry threw her a playful glare.

"When?" Fred managed to ask, breaking from his shock. Harry and (Y/n) leaned back and stared at one another, awaiting the other's answer.

"I—" (Y/n) giggled. "I'm not big on kissing and telling," she said.

"I've got to say I've expected better with you being a prefect and all," Anastasia said, leading (Y/n) to a secluded part of the basement. (Y/n) had been forced to leave her radio under the watchful eyes of Penny.

"What do you mean?" (Y/n) asked quietly.

"Don't play dumb," Anastasia said snappishly. "Letting Harry get his hand torn open for each detention."

"What should I do? Dock points from her?" (Y/n) asked, bemused.

"Watch it," Anastasia said sternly. "You could have gone to Dumbledore."

"You told me to stay away from him," (Y/n) argued.

"This is different," Anastasia stated. "This is Harry, not you."