"Buckley, you hit the jackpot!" Eddie high-fives her - keeping a grip on her hand for a few seconds and shaking it weirdly with equal excitement. "I'll drive!"

"Well, I'm not going to, am I?"

Meanwhile with Steve and Nancy...

"Are you sure this is actually a thing?" Steve questions.

"Not really but this is all we have." Nancy sighs as she gathers ingredients.

With the extremely limited knowledge they gained in the day prior, Steve and Nancy are attempting to make garlic bread and a cake from scratch. Attempting being the key word. They've never cooked anything like this before. The cake appears to be the simplest task as they made cakes on occasion many years ago with grandparents. In a way, it's like riding a bike - they remember the basics. They do have a cookbook on hand though.

They start with the cake. Their logic being that it's what they know and it can cool and stay refrigerated longer. Unsure of what cake to make/how to make it look, they agreed that sticking to a simple chocolate cake would be best - because "you can't go wrong with chocolate cake."

With the diabetes cake now being left to rest, Steve and Nancy move onto the garlic bread. This proves to be a much harder task than it probably should be. However, they decide to try and make a couple in case something goes wrong.

"Is this the right thickness?" Nance questions as she rolls out some dough.

"No, Nance, it's gotta be nice and thin. Watch and learn." Steve gets cocky and act like a professional.

Nancy raises a skeptical eyebrow and moves out of the way. Steve proceeds to pick up his dough and toss it in the air - all whilst doing a terrible Italian accent. In a matter of seconds, the dough tears and falls - practically wrapping itself against Steve's arm as disappointment and annoyance shows on his face. He let's out a large sigh as Nancy slowly claps.

"Wow, Steve. You're a natural."

"Shut up." He mutters before restarting.

They continue their attempts for longer than they should. Despite thinking what they've created looks somewhat mediocre, the put it in the oven anyway - tired of trying to get it right. A little while later, they're setting things up for when Y/N visits later. They get so wrapped up in the little details that they forget about one thing.

"Do you smell burning?" Nancy asks as she freezes. Steve runs into the kitchen.

"Shit!" Smoke is starting to fill the kitchen as a small flame can be seen. "Fire! Nance, it's on fire!"

Nancy rushes in and extinguishes the small fire. They swiftly open the doors to help get the smoke out. Once enough is gone, they cautiously open the oven and carefully remove the garlic bread. It blackened. Burnt to a crisp. If you threw it at someone, it could kill them - it's basically a brick frisbee now.

"Well, this isn't edible." Nancy looks down at it.

"What? Just drown it in ketchup or something and you're fine." Steve tries to salvage it but Nancy judgingly raises an eyebrow. "Yeah, okay. We can just order in." He admits defeat.

"God, I hope things are going better for Robin and Eddie." Nancy sighs.

Back with the band nerds

"My car, my rules. You tell anyone I listened to something not metal and I'll never drive you anywhere again." Eddie reminds her as he turns off the engine.

"Got it." In secret, this duo listen each others' music. It's like some kind of guilty pleasure and it'd be a catastrophe if anyone found out.

They head into the store and go straight to Eddie's favourite section. He gets distracted immediately as he falls in love with the new stock of cool gothic rings. After he picks up a couple that he intends to buy, Robin drags him over to the counter. Once she asks for a black ring, the man goes in the back to find one in the specified size.