He's right behind them if he calculated correctly trying to not let the screams of anguish Earth is letting out distract him as he inches a tad closer. He takes a deep breath in, rising the knife in his right hand while his left-hand grips the chain of his amulet hard enough to rip it from his neck, the amulet scattering to the side, no time wasted to unclasp a lock. Mix sees what looks like a neck forming in front of him and plunges the knife in deep twisting it with the force he used. The arms gripping Earth's neck tightly let go, going to the blade stuck inside the flesh trying to remove it in its agony. Earth falls on his knees, clutching his neck, loud coughs erupting from him, his diaphragm doing its best to get air back in his lungs. Mix breathes a sigh of relief almost crying from joy, walking towards Earth on the ground. Earth smiles at him even though he's in pain, outstretching his arm for Mix to take. His fingers are close to touching Earth's but still far, Earth's smile suddenly drops, and his eyes widen, he screams Mix's name to get away, his face ashen. Mix feels it then, he feels wind surrounding him, entering through his back, he sees Earth getting up from his knees screaming, calling his name out but he can't hear him. Mix can't hear anything, as his head is turned to look up against his will and his eyes turn white.

Earth sees it happening right in front of him and he was too weak to do anything about it, he saw Mix in his joy walking towards him, it was finally over Earth had thought at that moment. Only for his hope to be snatched away the next instant as he saw the spirit abandoning its host body, the corpse falling to the ground like a sack. So quickly it happened, it felt like a matter of seconds. He saw it enter through Mix's body, he saw it happening and he was powerless to do anything. The one thing he needed to protect Mix from, and he failed, and the reason was Mix saving him. Fearless Mix did everything that he could to save Earth only for him to fail to do so in return. He watches as Mix's eyes become vacant, his orbs white, his skin looking sickly. Earth wants to scream and cry for failing Mix. Jan, Luke and Neo having recovered thanks to Mix's intervention, walk up next to him in sympathy, they knew that there was nothing that they could say to remove the turmoil and devastation Earth was feeling at that moment.

They all looked on as Mix stretched his neck from side to side as if that abomination was testing this new body's properties. Mix grinned at them then, Earth chocking up on his sobs as his Mix would never look so malicious, his smiles precious and lighting up the room. None of them knew what to do now, they could always start the banishing script again, but they knew it would be useless, they would surely be killed easily. Despair hung on them, Earth was starting to accept that this is it, a part of him had died anyways.

Mix's arms went up to his neck next encircling it the next moment and then pulling back, only for his arms to return there once again almost fighting them. The others looked on in shock as it looked like Mix was trying to grip his neck tightly and squeeze it himself. "He's fighting it" Jan screamed as Mix was seen thrashing about, his legs unsteady as he seemed to be fighting himself. "He's fighting it from fully possessing him, now's our chance, Mix is giving us our chance", Jan continued already encircling him. Earth didn't have to think twice, he wiped the tear streaks on his face with his sleeve, eyes now determined as he walked up to where Mix was trying to get a hold of his neck, almost falling to his knees from how unsteady his legs were as they swayed from side to side. As soon as his back was in view, Earth embraced him from behind, his arms coming around Mix gripping him tight stopping him from thrashing around too much. He whispers apologies into Mix's ears as he starts screaming hoping that it's not actually him right now that is feeling the pain. Luke, Neo and Jan restart the script, Earth following suit, holding on to Mix with all his strength to not be thrown off. He can feel his tears restarting again as he holds Mix as tightly as he can unwilling to let him go with only the last verse to go. The thrashing increases as do the screams reaching a maximum, now in more agony than ever. There is a split moment where the screams are so loud that Earth can feel his ear vibrating before it all quietens down to nothing. It's deadly quiet again and Mix hangs limply in Earth's arms, his legs give out and both of them crumble to the ground. Earth then puts Mix's head gently on his lap looking frantically at his face for any signs of him walking up. He shouts his name, patting his cheek gently, calling out his name repeatedly as he holds him. The others gather up slowly, even Phuwin and Boom gather helped by the others to stand, waiting for any sign.
Earth closes his eyes next; he doesn't want to look at Mix's unresponsive face, it's too painful, and he doesn't have any more tears to give. His eyes remain closed, but he doesn't want to move, he still wants to hold Mix for as much as he can. Maybe he's dreaming he thought, maybe all that he went through has finally gotten to him and he collapsed causing him to dream this. He feels touch and a caress on his cheek, he definitely must be dreaming. If he opens his eyes he will no longer feel that touch on his cheek he's sure, a part of him doesn't want to try to find out, but if it's real, he would rather choose the real thing over a dream every single time without hesitation. Earth opens his eyes slowly, please let this be real he prays. He looks down and the first thing he sees is Mix's eyes looking at him. Mix's beautiful eyes opened wide and no longer closed, Earth was wrong, this wasn't a dream, Mix's hand was really on his cheek cupping it looking at him like he didn't just fight a literal demon out of his body, Earth could laugh at him right now but instead he whispers Mix's name gently to confirm that this is indeed real.
Mix smiles at him then, lifting himself up a bit up from where he was laying on Earth's lap "Did you really think you could get rid of me so easily". Earth laughs for real then.