Chapter 7 - Overnight Studying

(A/n:this chapter may be called overnight studying, but the studying aint even the important part. Its basically miku realizing her feelings, so hopefully that will affect future chapters differently. This chapter took so long to release because I have a habit of reviewing my previous chapters, fixing not only grammar, but changing dialogue and story to make it sound better. Thats all, enjoy reading and stay safe)

Miku's POV:

Today was Monday, a day after the fireworks festival. School was supposed to be the same as any other day, yet it wasnt. When I got to class, I sat down in my assigned seat.

I was feeling fine, until L/n arrived to class, almost late as usual. It was idle chat between the two of us, but it felt different than any other day, especially when he complimented my winter uniform.

For some reason, I was... slightly nervous? And at the same time, I felt more euphoric than usual.

I noticed I was twirling my hair a lot too. Wait, am I acting weirdly in front of him? And why am I worried about being weird in front of him? I was fine any other day, so whats different today?

Im asking too many questions, for now I'll ignore this feeling. Maybe I should ask Ichika if she knows whats going on with me during lunch. Or I could ask L/n about this.

My gut is telling me otherwise.

While waiting for lunch time, I made sure to think about how to form my question properly so its understandable to Ichika.

...

The inaudible chattering from students filled the lunch room. Im walking to a table with 6 chairs, enough for my sisters and one more person.

"Hey L/n, come sit with me and the others, we have a extra seat available," I said.

"Only one? Is there not two extra seats there?"

"I counted, only one."

"That would mean Fuutarou will have to sit alone today..."

"Tell him to sit on your lap."

"Haha, he definitely wouldn't do that, no matter how much I had begged him to do so."

"Yea... wait had? You tried asking him that before?

"No comment."

"So you're gonna sit with him today?"

"Yea, sorry Miku. I cant leave my bro alone, I would feel bad."

"I understand. See ya later L/n."

"See ya," he waved goodbye. Honestly, I thought I wouldnt care if he had sat with me or not, but I cant help but feel a little sad.

I sat down in my chair. Looks like Im the first one to arrive at the table, everyone else must still be getting lunch.

My sandwich today looks a lot more delicious than usua-

"Hey Miku!" Ichika loudly proclaimed, embracing me out of nowhere.

"I-Ichika?!"

"Even when your startled, you still speak in a quiet voice, huh?"

"You shouldnt have done that, I thought it was some random stranger who grabbed me."

"Yea yea, sorry!" She sat down next to me.

"You look disappointed Miku. Dont hesitate to tell me anything thats on your mind, Im your big sister after all!"

"Well..."

"Its about L/n right?"

"How did you know?"

"I heard your exchange with him earlier. Are you disappointed because he didnt sit here with you?"