But he was also aware that he absolutely sucked at caring for children. Which was why he was sneaking into L'Manberg to get Philza Minecraft, the man notorious for his chronic adoption problem. He was pretty sure Philza had actually been Tommy's adoptive father for some period of time, though Wilbur had been the one to find him. What he wasn't sure about, however, was if Tommy remembered Philza. Hopefully he did-- it would make Technoblade's life easier.

Tommy squirmed in his grasp. "LEGGO!" he screeched, and Technoblade silently prayed that nobody had heard him.

The door flew open. The retired Angel of Death scanned the area, a sword in his hand. The light on the monitor cuff clapped around his ankle glowed red.

"Oh thank Prime-- Phil, It's Techno. I'm invis right now."

Philza blinked but gave no other outward reaction that he had heard him. Casually, he stepped out onto his balcony, scanning the area like he had seen something strange-- leaving the doorway wide open. Technoblade took the opportunity to slip into the house.

As soon as he was in, Philza turned on his heel and reentered the house. He shut and dead-bolted the door behind him, then scanned the room. "Techno? Do you need some milk?"

"I got it," Technoblade grunted. "The potion will wear off soon anyways. I actually came here because I had a problem."

Philza turned towards the direction of his voice. "What kind of problem?"

"Mister Minecraft?" A high-pitched voice piped up.

Well. There was the answer to Technoblade's question. Tommy remembered Philza.

Philza, for his part, physically recoiled. His wings bristled and pulled tight against his body. When he spoke, his voice cracked. "Tommy?"

"And Dream!" Dream piped up. Philza paled. Technoblade stepped in before the situation could spiral.

"Potion mishap. Tommy and Dream got turned into kids," he explained. The invisibility potion was starting to wear off, and Philza could now see the faded forms of two children under each of his arms. "I have absolutely no experience in carin' for kids. Was hopin' you'd be able to help."

Philza stared at them, mouth opening and closing soundlessly. Tommy, on the other hand, was never at a loss for words.

"You said we were in tha' future!" he wriggled, forcing Technoblade to set him down or risk dropping him. The man hastily grabbed the back of the toddler's shirt before he could run. "Liar!"

"Liar!" Dream echoed, which was a whole new category of bizarre. Since when did Dream follow Tommy's lead?

"You two are technically in the future from your perspective," Technoblade deadpanned. "I wasn't lyin'."

Dream blinked. "What's per- pre-- prospeckive?"

"Perspective. Uhhh, means, how you see the world, basically."

"Oh. Whas' 'bay-sick-lee'?"

"Okay," Philza interrupted, having managed to compose himself enough that his outward shock had downgraded into internal screaming. He waved towards a doorway, through which a bed and several chests were visible. "Uh, kids, why don't-- why don't you go play in the bedroom?"

Tommy crossed his arms. "Dun' wanna."

Philza tried for a smile. "Please?"

Tommy stared at him for a moment. Then: "Do you know the kidnapper?"

Philza's smile became more strained. "Yeah. His name's Technoblade. He's a friend."

"A friend," Tommy repeated dubiously. Dream sidled up to him.