Chapter 6

They were driving, on their way to where they had seen the police cars go

They were driving, on their way to where they had seen the police cars go.  Wendy hated leaving Eddie but he couldn't come with them either.  They parked where all the police cars were standing.  The police officers were talking with Nancy Wheeler.  She knew who she was, she wouldn't say they were friends but they were familiar with eachother.  She knew Steve had dated her so Wendy just guessed they knew her aswell.  Everyone stepped out of the car.  Nancy saw them and you could see she was upset, she gave Steve a wave who waved back.  

They waited until Nancy was done talking with the police.  She walked up to them and they drove away to a bench in the trailer park.  They sat down to tell Nancy everything they know so far.  

"You're saying that this thing that killed Chrissy and Fred is from  the upside down?" Nancy asks them.  

Steve nods "If the shoe fits"  

"Our working theory is that he attacks with a spell or a curse.  Now whether or not he's doing the bidding of the mind flayer or just love killing teens, we don't know."

Max cuts in "All we know is this is something different."

Nancy sighes "It doesn't make sense"  

"It's only a theory" Dustin tells her.  

Nancy shakes her head "No, Chrissy and Fred don't make sense."

Wendy looks at her "What do you mean?"

Nancy sighes "Why them?  Why not take any other kid?"

Dustin looks at her "Maybe they were just in the wrong place.  They were both at the game."  

Max nods "And near the trailer park."

Steve looks at them "We're at the trailer park.  Should we maybe not be here"  

Nancy sighes "There is something about this place.  Fred started acting weird the second we got here." 

Robin looks at her "Weird, in what way?"

Nancy sighes "Scared, on edge, upset." 

Wendy looks at her "That might be true for Fred but Chrissy was acting weird way before she got to the trailer park with Eddie.  She was upset at school and felt like she was going crazy.  And when we got to the woods to meet up Eddie for the drugs that Chrissy wanted to buy. She was rly scared and it was like she saw things i couldn't see.  She said she felt like she was losing her mind.."  Wendy takes a deep breath, she felt herself tear up but she didn't want to cry, not right now.  

Max nods  "She was also crying in the bathroom at school."

Robin looks at them "Serial killers stalks their prey before they strike, right? So maybe Fred and Chrissy saw this Vecman"

Dustin cuts her off "Vecna"  

Steve sighes "I don't know about you but if i saw some freak witch monster, i would tell someone."