Chapter 5: A New Threat

Start from the beginning

"We need to go in and help them! What is the enemy composition?"

"Apart from the princess, 2 Battleship Ru-class, Heavy Cruiser Ri-class and 2 Destroyer Ha-class." (Hiryuu)

That's it? Pretty weak for a Princess escort.

"That's not normal..." (Zuihou)

"Yeah. The strong ones might be hiding nearby." (Yahagi)

"Hiryuu?"

"I have nothing else on visual. No other Abyssal ships in the immediate vicinity." (Hiryuu)

Ah, jeez! I don't feel safe rushing in like that but I have a moral obligation to keep,

"Line ahead formation!  Eliminate the Abyssals! Defend the black ship and ensure the safety of its crew!"

"Roger!" (All)

The fleet increased to max battle speed and charged forward. Hiryuu and Souryuu slowed down for a bit to let their planes land, but they caught up with the rest of the fleet shortly after.

Once the enemy is within bombing range, Hiryuu and Souryuu sent on their bombers.

"Should we play a game? The one that deals the most damage gets treated to Mamiya's." (Hiryuu)

"That's boring. Loser buys a set of new clothes for the winner." (Souryuu)

"I will make you regret saying that. Second Carrier Division attack forces, commence launch!" (Hiryuu)

The planes caught the Abyssals by surprise and made short work of the 2 Ru-class and 2 Ha-class. Yahagi and the 2 Destroyers dealt with the Ri-class while Fusou focused on the Princess. She missed her shots.

"Tch. How unfortunate. Reloading!" (Fusou)

"It's okay! We are still in the game!" (Yahagi)

"I won't... be defeated... again" (Southern War Princess)

"Ufufu~ How pitiable." (Arashio)

Arashio and Murasame launched a slavo of torpedoes at the enraged Southern War Princess. It screamed as the torpedoes made contact and exploded. The bombers dropped their load onto the Abyssal, enveloping it in a large fireball. Fusou readjusted her aim and fired a salvo of shells.

"Will I... Will I... be resurrected again... someday..." (Southern War Princess)

Once the smoke dissipated, the Abyssal was nowhere to be found. A lock of white hair floated on the surface before sinking shortly. It was the only evidence that the enemy had been defeated.

"Enemy fleet eliminated!" (Ooyodo)

"Good work. Now, check on the vessel."

"It's huge." (Murasame)

The black ship was heavily damaged. There were small fires scattered about the ship. It's hull was covered on holes. One of its guns was blown. Black smoke emitted from it's back. It must be tough to withstand such punishment.

"<Hello? Wi... are... furiandoly...>" (Hiryuu)

"Hahaha! What was that? That was horrible." (Arashio)

"Shut up! You can't speak English either!" (Hiryuu)

One of the guns from the vessel turned and aimed down at Hiryuu. Oi!

"Hiryuu, get out of the way now!"

"Huh?" (Hiryuu)

A red light emits from the gun barrel, as if charging up a shot. Murasame and Arashio tackled the Carrier out of the way, right before it fired. What are they doing?! The ship continued firing its guns at my girls. Are the crew insane? If one of them gets hit, it will turn into an international diplomatic issue.