one

the byers family had been through an unbelievable amount in the last year

the byers family had been through an unbelievable amount in the last yearwill disappearing, jonathan getting into fights and being arrested and their mother joyce trying to make everyone believe that she is not actually crazy. 

what chloe thought that she had done in that year was build up a hatred for once certain boy. but what she hadn't realised yet was that everything bad that happened in 1983 made her start to like this boy even more.

if it wasn't for her brother, will getting taken. steve harrington would have probably lived the rest of his life without even noticing her.

chloe had gone the whole year hating steve for everything he did. from getting bread crumbs all over the floor and always asking dumb questions in class, to him talking shit about her whole family and beating up her other brother jonathan.

chloe would do anything for jonathan and jonathan would do anything for chloe. whoever chloe hated, jonathan hated. and whoever jonathan liked, chloe liked. it was simple really. no one ever understood why they had such a close bond. maybe it was because the were so close in age or maybe the fact that they just understood each other. people would make fun of both of the byers for having hardly any friends, but in reality they didn't mind as they preferred each others company more. making mix tapes of their favourite songs on weekends and listening to them and dancing in the kitchen while making food together. to going out into the woods and taking photos with jonathans camera.

so when chloe ran to the police station that day to find her brother sat in handcuffs with a bashed up face, she immediately hated steve harrington even more.

but something changed that night when chloe found herself stood in her living room with nancy wheeler, jonathan and steve. because in that moment as she gripped a baseball bat so tightly she forgot that she was stood centimetres away from the person she hated the most. because in that moment it didn't matter anymore. as she watched him fight off a demogorgan to protect nancy and then chloe saw the way that he looked at nancy even after they had just fallen out, she couldn't help but feel anything but jealousy. as much as she tried to deny it and push it away.

but jonathan still hated steve so of course she did too, right? or was chloe just continually lying to herself. for weeks after finding herself feel differently about steve she noticed how he had changed in class. he wasn't so much of a dougebag anymore. maybe nancy changed him, I mean a girl as pretty and perfect as her, who wouldn't change for her.

finally chloe let herself accept once simple truth. that she actually liked steve harrington, like a lot.

but chloe did not let herself do one thing, and that was fall for him. because she knew that if she fell no-one would catch her. steve loved nancy too much, anyone could tell that. so chloe kept her feelings hidden, even from Jonathan.

however in 1984 that changed.