There were giggles and gasps spread across the room, everyone was in great spirits; cheering loudly and clapping with astonishment and wonder. Aine couldn't help but feel a little proud of all of them that her lips were curled to the very ends of her cheeks, unable to stop herself from smiling like a fool. Today's class was no doubt a memorable one as everyone had so much fun and to see her friends' ebullience, made her happy too.

But Aine's happiness fell short when a loud groan interrupted their practice and her smile immediately dropped as she clutched onto her wand as a reflex. She slowly turned to the reflective wall where the entrance of the room used to be before a massive mirror had covered it after they had all entered the Room of Requirement. 

The glass chandelier twinkled above them, the crystals swaying dangerously as they clinked together. Lights began to flicker and the flames from the fireplace diminished as another round of rumble vibrated the room. Aine met Hermione's worried face and the last Patronus slowly faded away into thin air. 

"What the hell is going on?" Seamus questions, puzzled.

"Earthquake?" Dean answered back, looking around the room as tiny rocks and dust was crumbling from the cracks of the walls, pattering down like hail. All of them gathered together in the centre of the room, staring at the hidden entrance.

Thump!

It felt like someone was stomping their way here.

Thump! 

There goes Aine's heart pounding loudly, she steps in front of her friends, standing next to Harry and Nigel. They stared at their own reflections and an unnerving sensation creeps down their spine.

"W... W- What's happening..?" Nigel asks, growing anxious and befuddled. He gulps, holding onto his wand as if clinging for dear life in a battle.

Thump!

The world around Aine trembled again and a high-pitched titter could be heard on the other side of the wall and the mirror started to crack. The small crack started spider-webbing across the entire glass before shattering in front of Aine and her friends. The sudden destruction sent everyone on edge as they pointed their wands to the exposed stoned wall instinctively. 

The shards scattered across her shoes and she glanced back up into the little triangle-shaped hole in the wall. Aine glares straight at the void as Nigel cautiously stalks towards it, Harry skulking from behind. He places a hand on the younger boy's shoulders as they bent their necks to see through it.

On the other side of the wall was none other than Professor Umbridge, her icy blue eyes curled menacingly. "I'll make short work of this!" she snarled.

Aine's eyes widened when she saw Umbridge raising her wand, pointing straight towards them. Panicked, she quickly rushed forward, pulling the two boys back as she heard the High Inquisitor titter sweetly, "Bombarda. Maxima!" 

The wall exploded apart, sending rocks and debris flying at the group. "NO!" the girl yells and without hesitation, Aine threw a shield across the room. "PROTEGO!" she cast alongside Hermione and Ron. The translucent charm protects them from being hit by rubble and glass.

Aine's ears rang and she squinted at the group that stomped in, her vision was still fuzzy from the explosion and when she came to herself, she realized that she had been thrown back to the ground from saving the boys earlier. She blinked back her confusion as Ginny and Luna helped her up to her feet while Fred and George stood protectively in front of the girls.

She peeks through the gaps of her friends and is met with Umbridge's furious glare. She could see steam coming out from her red face as if she was about to burst with rage. Surrounded by the woman was Filch who glowered with the members of the Inquisitorial Squad: Crabbe, Goyle, Bulstrode, Montague, Warrington, mostly Slytherin students. From the corner, she saw Pansy Parkinson with a smug look, strutting into the picture, her grasp holding onto Cho Chang.