Chapter 11

Ike places stacks of paper on Mysta's office desk. "Ooo! Net! If ya need a picture of me for the novel, I'm here for it" Mysta states, as Ike rolled his eyes while sitting down on a chair.

"Look over it" Ike stated, crossing his arms while Mysta did just that. Reading through some pages from Ike.

"I think it's good so far" he said afterwards he was finished, stacking the papers up neatly.

Ike nodded, taking the stacks of paper. "That's all I came here for" he spoke, which made Mysta pouted. "Rude Ike!" He stated, but went back to work anyways. Ike just shook his head, sighing before leaving the office.

Heading inside his room, then placing the stacks of papers on his personal desk inside his room.

Ike haven't seen Luca for the rest of this month. Seeing Shoto a couple of times, telling him about the event information.

Now, the ball was actually tomorrow. He almost forgot about it honestly. He was busy with work and stuff.

He was very nervous, manly because he didn't know what will happen there. Joining an event that might kill him and his friend? What a great idea, Ike!

He sighed, plopping on his bed. Being an adult is hard. Ike knew that when he was younger... He thought he might just stay in his house, write novels and that's that. But, having stuff happened to him a long time ago & him having to deal with a mafia boss now.. was something his younger self wouldn't even have thought of.

He sat up on his bed, looking around his room. When he tried to think about those cases with the theaters and the food court, he really wants to know more about Luca.

Of course Luca would have some sort of enemies and stuff because he is a mafia boss.

Telling himself that his plan didn't work about the date, he might admit he likes the mafia boss. But, he still doesn't know for sure and Luca might not like him back. That would just make his poor heart ache as hell.

Thinking back of all just happen this month is making his head hurt. He decided to just take a warm shower and headed to bed. Drifting off to a deep sleep.

As he wakes up, he rubbed his eyes lightly. The sun beaming into his room. He looks at his watch, that was on the nightstand beside his bed. He sat up as he slowly reads the '9:00am' on his watch. Informing him that he woke up the next day.

He shifted the covers off him, sliding his feet down on the hard wooden floor. He stretched his arms in the air, softly yawning.

He headed out his bedroom and towards the kitchen. He gotten some ingredients to make himself and Mysta some breakfast. Going for waffles, eggs and bacon. Adding coffee for himself and tea for Mysta.

He was done around 9:30, setting Mysta's plate and cup of tea on the dining room table. As Mysta wakes up right on time, like everyday. A normal day for them really.

It was weird how Mysta will wake up 30 minutes after Ike would, but it makes their routine much more easy and smoother.

As they sat down in the dining room, eating the breakfast Ike just cooked for them. They chatted about yesterday and what they our planning today.

Mysta was going to be go for tonight with Yami for the cases. Ike noted that in his head, not hiding the fact he will be going to a event. Ike didn't tell Mysta everything, he will soon find out...

After the chat, Mysta and Ike headed their separate ways. Getting in the showers, brushing their teeth, washing their face and putting on different clothes. Mysta was off to work and Ike stayed home.

It was the first day of the new month today...

It was the day of the event and Ike was nervous, more nervous then whatever interviews he went to last.

All Ike did really in the house was write novels, research others form newspapers, or watch something on tv and chill. Might go outside to just get out the house from time to time.

When night fall, around the time the ball starts he began to get ready. Getting in the shower, putting on the suit and mask Luca bought him, and put on some cologne he had.

Fixing his shirt collar and wrist cuffs, he was officially ready. He looked at his watch, checking what time it was before head headed out his room. He grabbed his house keys and rental car keys.

He knew he had a license, but he never wanted to buy a car. Well, one because it's expensive and two he had a house with a roommate to feed.

He got into the rental car, starting it up, fixing the rearview mirror and the car door mirrors.

He drove all the way to where Shoto lived, waiting patiently for him to come outside.

When he heard his car door open, he darted towards the door and smiled softly at Shoto's presents. "Alright, ready" he spoke, putting on his seatbelt while closing the door.

Ike nodded, before starting to adventure towards the place where the ball was held.

As he was getting close, he parked near where a lot of cars was parked. It was a big estate with fancy people there. Ike gulped before hopping out his rental car, followed by Shoto...