Chapter 1 - Needing real love

Wise Old Elf PoV:

I let out a deep sigh. Still nobody heard my cries. I walked all the way back to the Great Elf Tree, to my flat, to my bedroom, and immediately fell asleep.

After I'd gotten plenty of sleep, the sun shined high. The cockerel crowed, and that's when I knew it was time for me to get up. Another day of hacking out work for my kin.

The Elf Band was right outside the Great Elf Tree, but they didn't have their instruments with them. Oh great, they wanted to see me, and only me, perform.

"I'm tired of this! I'm not playing anything!" I blurted out. I realized what I had just said and ran away in a panic. "I think I lost them.." I struggled to say, out of breath from all the running.

Suddenly, I saw her. Reading casually behind another tree. She was the source of 90% of all magic in the Little Kingdom. I hated magic. Suddenly, I felt butterflies in my stomach. My face was going beet red. What was happening..?

I ran to her. The wisest elf in the kingdom running to some random nanny for help. It was embarrassing.

She turned around and closed her book. Something about the way she looked at me made the feelings I was having intensify. 

"What are you doing here?" She asked.

"What are you doing here!?" I responded.

"I always come here to read." She said.

"Well, I- I was running, and I was going to run to the forest, but my instincts drove me here.."

There was a twinkling sound nearby. Almost like a star.

"But who could have wished we would meet here?" She questioned me.

Suddenly, I see her smile after a few seconds and playfully jump on me and pin me to the ground.

"It doesn't matter, I'm fine with having you here with me."

She let me up. I couldn't believe my ears. It was like a dream.. not a bad dream, a good dream. A really, really good dream.

Nanny Plum then turned away from me and sighed. What was wrong with her?

"What happened..?" I asked.

"Last night, I saw a shooting star. I wished for someone to love.. but I'll never find any love. I'll be alone forever."

I frowned. I felt so bad that she had to go through this! I simply pulled her in close and stared into her eyes, but not in a menacing way, in a loving, caring way.

"Don't worry, angelus. I'm sure you'll find love soon enough.