"You're an idiot." I smack the back of his head.

"The only point of this trip was to get away from them, dingus."

"We couldn't just leave him!"

"Look at him! How can you say no to that face?" Eddie adds.

"Like this." I start.

"No!" Robin finishes.

"Arguing isn't going to change anything. It's too late to go back." Nancy tries to stop the bickering. "Eddie, just help him out. He's probably dying to stretch his legs."

Slightly scared of Nancy at the best of times, Eddie does as he's told. Nance was right, he's desperately needing to stretch more than his legs - we all are, so I follow Eddie out of the car. I soon go back to the seats and enjoy having more space as Eddie stands by the door with Dustin and Steve. Not being able to escape the sun, I'm only becoming more agitated.

"How long has it been?" Robin asks.

"Like 7 years." I answer with little energy left.

"Yeah, that sounds about right." Steve adds with minimum enthusiasm.

"It's been 35 minutes." Nancy gives the correct answer.

"Fuck this. I wish I stayed at home." I whine.

"Hey, Eddie, why don't you get your guitar and play something for everyone outside?" Robin suggests.

"Yeah, no. I can't."

"What do you mean you can't?" Nancy questions.

"But you're so good." Dustin tries to hype him up.

"Yeah, I thought you'd jump at the chance to play in front of a bigger crowd." Steve backs him up.

"I'd love to but I can't. I was sat there so long that my fingertips got sunburnt and I can't play." He explains (this actually happened to me the one time I decided to take my guitar).

"Well, shit."

We all end up sitting in the car again. Refusing to make Dustin go back in that bag, he ends up getting squashed between myself and Eddie. Could this get any worse? I can't help but yell and shove him and Eddie out of irritation. That's when Robin brings up a good point - the fact that we didn't plan to have another person when we booked it.

"I'm the one who sorted it out, remember? I've got it all figured out. There's a master bedroom that can fit 2 of us and there's another 2 rooms with 2 singles a piece. Perfect fit." Steve assures us.

"Sure the beds might be the right number, but how exactly do you propose we arrange roommates?" I quiz him.

"Who's sharing with Dustin?" Nancy asks.

"Yeah, something feels kinda wrong and maybe slightly illegal about any of us doing that." Robin adds.

"What? No, it's fine." Steve does a lousy job of defending his decisions. "I'll share the master bedroom with Nance and-"

"Absolutely not." Eddie protests.

"Yeah, there's no way. I don't wanna hear any... What does Max call it? Happy screams?" I add and Dustin nods as confirmation.

"For god sake. Eddie, since Dustin is your stowaway, you're sharing with him. Y/N, you share a room with Steve and I'll share the master bedroom with Robin." Nancy lays it out.

"Why do I have to share with Steve?"

"Hey! You should be so lucky." I just roll my eyes at him.

There's nothing to do. I know this is gonna sound terrible, but as time goes by, I start caring less and less about the condition of those involved in the crash. It's selfish, I know. I just can't stand being stuck in a tin can of death in direct sunlight with these morons any longer. After just over an hour of the stalemate, we hear shouting and see people rushing to their cars.

"It's happening! We're moving!" Robin exclaims.

"Finally!" We cheer.

Somehow, there seems to be barely anyone in front of us considering how fast Steve begins to drive. Despite being miserable now, spirits are lifting. That soon reverses when we run into some roadworks. Eddie and I take charge of complaining - Robin and Dustin soon join in. Nancy quickly turns into the annoyed mother and tries to get back up from Steve - who is trying not to laugh and resisting the urge to join us.

After what has felt like a lifetime in hell, we finally make it to the caravan site. However, we manage to get lost because of how bad the signposting is. It takes like 30 minutes just to find ours.

"Home sweet home." Steve sighs as we grab our things from the car.

"I love that song." Eddie beams and rushes through the door.

As we all follow him inside, we dump our stuff on the table and look around. Steve didn't tell us he got a caravan with a shaded balcony - I'm sure he didn't realise that it has the view of a large bush. Nancy is first to check out the bedrooms and comes to tell us to fight for the small ones. For some reason Steve insists on being in the room where you can see his car through the window.

"You want the bed next to the window?" He asks.

"Yeah, obviously."

"Too bad!" He races past me and throws his stuff on that bed.

"Well, fuck you."

"What? I have to protect my car - it's my baby." Don't tell Dustin, I guess.

"Nobody wants to steal your fucking car, Steve!"

"I thought I came here to get away from children." Nancy huffs from the kitchen.

Sorry Nance but what did you expect?This is gonna be a memorable weekend. For better or worse.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
. Not only did it take an extra 2 hours to get there because of a crash, roadworks and congestion - it also took nearly 3 extra hours to get home again for the same reasons (this time there were 3 crashes - only 1 on our side though).