Apology and Promise

Start from the beginning

"I'm a bit frail." Hikari tittered.

"Still. That bastard should've been punished much more!"

Hikari's face tilted in confusion as she thought about her crush. Did something happen to him?

"What happened to Takeru?"

Miyako looked at Hikari vexedly.

"Why would it matter to you what happens to him? He hurt you! You should hate him!"

She was bemused at her friend's sudden anger before remembering that Miyako had heard the whole story of how Hikari loved the blonde boy. She must have told the others as well, as Ken didn't seem to react.

"Yet you... Ugh!"

"Inoue, calm down," Iori commanded. "you know it's her decision."

"Yeah but..."

"Inoue."

"Fine..."

Hikari frowned at the thought of her one day having to decide between her friends or Takeru.

"Do you guys hate him?"

"Of course we do! Look at what he did to you!"

Hikari felt her head ache a bit as she looked guiltily at her purple-haired friend.

"I will not hide my current dislike for Takaishi," Iori began. "however, if all the stories I have heard today are true, then it seems that he just needs friends. If so, I would be content with giving him a second chance."

"You always talk so solemnly." Ken joked.

"You guys are just too informal."

"Sure buddy." Miyako growled.

"I don't have any personal grudge against Takeru, but he got into a fight with Daisuke, so I'll just follow whatever Daisuke does."

"Ken, you're such a yes-man."

"Am not."

Hikari continued to look at her friend during all of this. Miyako noticed this and began to look back uncomfortably.

"What about you?" Hikari asked.

"Hm?"

"Are you willing to give him a second chance?"

Miyako sighed before grabbing the glass of water on the table across from her and placing the tip on her lip.

"Answer me this, Hikari."

"Ask away."

"Do you really love Takeru?"

Hikari nodded.

"Say it."

"I really love Takeru."

"Like you mean it."

"There aren't enough breaths in my body for me to tell you how much I adore him."