Chapter 14 - Can We Keep Them?

Start from the beginning

What he failed to see was that someone was following him. Watching him as he interacted with the small creatures.

"... He's perfect."

The person watching him then sprung into action.
.
.
.
Damien had stopped to take a minute.

He was tired from walking and needed a break. He had set the box down next to him.

A woman and her kid sat next to him and noticed the box. They were gushing over the tiny adorable beasts.

While that was happening, the same person watched him. Hiding where they couldn't be seen. Up in a tree.

"As soon as they go, I'll make myself known... Anyone that kind to kittens has to be the perfect master."

After a few minutes, the two sitting with him left and that gave them the perfect window to make themselves known.

Damien was literally just resting his hand in the box as they all swarmed it.

That's when he pulled his hand back after hearing something. He wasn't sure what it was. He was ready in case he needed to fight.
However, he wouldn't need to.

He was surprised when someone jumped from a tree to land down in front of him.

It was a girl. How he swears the only guy he knows is Guiche.

This girl however was interesting as on her head were a pair rather cute cat ears and behind her was a tail that was moving around.

'Is that a cat girl? Elon Musk really did it?!'

This girl was sort of short. Maybe Louise's height. Hell, he was willing to bet shorter.

She had short hair like Siesta's only it was a very light brown colour. Her eyes were were a lilac colour and she was currently sitting on the ground in front of him on her hands and knees in a sitting position.
She was like an actual cat.

He was never going to be prepared for the words that came from her when she opened her mouth.

"I'm so glad to finally meet you Master!"
.
.
.
Silence.

Damien could only hear broken glass followed by the last word she said.

'Master?!'

"Uh.... Elaborate?"

She tilted her head a little.

"Evaborate?"

"Why... Why did you just call me Master?" He asked feeling a bit hypocritical since he calls Louise that sometimes.

To be fair, that's in his mind and it took him a few days to understand the whole thing and even longer to accept the Familiar and Master thing.

"I called you Myaster, because you're my Master."

'Aaaand she said Myaster. We have gone full cat girl.'

He looked to the box of kittens.

"You guys know her?"

They looked up at him like they were confused.
So that's a no.

"Nana watched Master from a distance-"

'Thank God she isn't saying Nya at the end of her senten-'

"-she watched how gentle you were with those kittens and just had to have you as her Master Nya!"

'... I want to scream.'

"Ok... Slow down for me. I'm a bit confused.... Let's start off from the beginning." He gestured to her. "What is your name first of all?"