maurice .⋆。⋆☂˚

Maurice Christoper Hall III was born on November 9 1890 to his mother Amelia Hall and his father Maurice Hall II, in their home outside of London

Maurice Christoper Hall III was born on November 9 1890 to his mother Amelia Hall and his father Maurice Hall II, in their home outside of London. He was the first child, and only son, of the couple to be born, followed by his sisters Ada and Kitty. He became fatherless and the age of seven when his father died in an accident.

✧・゚: career

Maurice attended Mr. Abraham's school at a young age, to continue his studies at Sunnington. School was never his strongest ability, nor sports. Nevertheless, at nineteen he began his studies at Cambridge University on behalf of his Sunnington friend Chapman. He was a part of an Old Boys' Club with some of his friends, which he enjoyed, and by the second year he moved onto campus. During this year however, university started to bother him. Later on he was dismissed from his studies as Maurice had been unattending class and disrespected the Dean, and so he moved on to stockbroking, like his father. During the war, he volunteered and was positioned in the Mediterranean where he was unidentified after becoming mute following a failed mission where he nearly drowned. He was then identified as British and returned home. Having searched and found Alec in France after the war the two returned to Britain where they decided they'd emigrate to the States, along with Maurice's sister Kitty and her daughter Anjali.

✧・゚: characteristics

Maurice is considered a handsome man by most, with likable looks, yet with a quite ordinary appearance. He's got a strong physique with a proud posture, this without being perceived too masculine, and he is quite tall. His hair is black and somewhat wavy, as for his moustache when he grew one, and his eyes forest green with a kind gaze. Maurice's got a slim face, finely sculpted brows are carved above his eyes and a tall straight nose is placed between them. He's got slim sharp lips, turning into a big smile. Two not too harsh cheekbowns defines his face and his chin is squared. His neck is long and beautifully shadowed, as for his Greek hands; long and delicate, yet masterful of work. His style is classic and proper, fashionably urban, and his walk is thoughtful and easy, somewhat leaning forward. Arms and legs are strong, with his legs being shorther than torso, and his feet points significantly away from each other.

 Arms and legs are strong, with his legs being shorther than torso, and his feet points significantly away from each other

✧・゚: personality

Maurice is a quite indifferent man with little motivation. He is lazy in his manners and doesn't approve of things that are slightly uncomfortable, although he can manage and he goes through with most of it anyways. He is also proud in his position and takes it for granted at times. When he was expelled from Cambridge he refused to apologize to the Dean as he regarded himself as treated unfairly, and he didn't have desire to continue he studies as he thought he'd make it anyways, which he turned out to do, yet it was a lazy move of him.

Despite this, Maurice is otherwise a very likable character to most, having good spirits and good social skills. He enjoy nice social events and is very talkative with the right people. His pride makes him aware of his position above lower classes, which gives him certain expectaions from their side. However, Maurice is an urban man and he thrives in the city, which is partly why he can see himself giving up his status for love and a much simpler life, whether that is considered naïve or not of him.

Familywise, he sees himself as the man of the family, yet doesn't care to put in a lot of effort into it. His uninterest in women makes him feel like an outcast in the family which makes him arrogant, yet he loves his sisters and finds alot of comfort in his mother and house. However, as he drifts away from his social role, he sees his mother as a insular bully towards him and Kitty for not living up to her expectaions, and he then cuts contact with her after a dispute.

On the inside, Maurice is troubled and akward at the thought of marriage. He is a slow thinker and takes a great deal of time figuring out his emotions; for example it was first after Clive exclaimed his love for him Maurice realized he felt the same. He is unaccostumed to the thought of two men in love and doesn't realize fully what his emotions mean, however, unlike Clive, Maurice experience a strong physical desire for men and wants to pursue that. He longs for a long time partner and wanted to find that within Clive, who dismissed the physical part of their relationship and wanted it to remain "platonic". As for Maurice's and Alec's relationship, Maurice's misunderstanding of his own feelings caused him to never make the first move, but he rather fully realized his attraction after Alec boldly sneeked into his room. He then proceeds repressing his attraction, until he finally accepts it following Alec's blackmailing.

Maurice is a sensitive man and his insecurity around himself and his desires causes him a great deal of confusion and distress. On one hand he wants to "cure" himself to be able to live an ordinary life, yet marriage is so unthinkable to him and he can't see himself like Clive, and that depresses him. He is sentimental in terms of love, and when he meets Alec he desires nothing else but for him to stay with him his whole life, and through him Maurice discoveres happiness.