overdue consequences

heavy romance and descriptive smut (+19) friendship, slight angst, fluff

note: compared to reckless youth, this chapter will contain a lot of vulgar words, mature themes, and eventful scenes. if you are not comfortable with the mentioned genres above, feel free to skip for i will not mention warnings amidst the chapters.

without further do, let's go!

word count: 25298 words

♡♡♡

getaway car - taylor swift
this love - taylor swift
illicit affairs - taylor swift
don't you - taylor swift
treacherous - taylor swift
angel baby - troye sivan
i wish you were sober - conan
only love can hurt like this - faith paloma
girls like you - the attire
until i found you - stephen sanchez
deja vu - olivia rodrigo

♡♡♡

overdue consequences.

when the reckless youth had passed by, there are consequences that you need to face. nothing will ever surpass like the wind, for it will always come back each time you try to run away from it.

after the upfront rejection of the idea of taking a step forward, jin knew that he had to leave a space for byulyi to breathe in.

there would be times when they'll be in the same event, and they'd just greet each other, mingle when a circle is present, and just leave each other alone when they can feel the awkwardness sinking in.

it somehow feels like a hole in their hearts, for it was not like the first when they can easily escape it and date another one, and another one.

at this point, none of them had finally found the energy to pretend around each other that things will be fine eventually.

and just like the first time, distance has been in between them, and seokjin knew that he had to keep it for she would be uncomfortable.

those three months have passed by, and all they'll do was consistently greet each other without making things deep in between them.

or maybe five months.

six.

the two could only curse their stupidity for holding back so much, when their feelings had been more than stagnant, fucking up their ideas of still pining for each other despite the clear rejection of trying and risking their friendship at all.

a loud sigh escaped byulyi's lips, knowing that the rejection she gave never satisfied her heart.

if movies were showing the comfort and peace of rejecting someone you love for the sake of keeping the bond, it was a lie.

seokjin had felt the same regret when he rejected her first, and she for sure- felt that too when she did it.

so each time that they'd be seeing each other, their smiles could only be filled with guilt of prohibiting their feelings to ensue, and regret of wanting to be besides each other without asking for more.

but if they had to prohibit it, they had to be ready if the other one had to find their other half, considering that it will not be them. if love and hope had already left them, shouldn't they be celebrating the idea of the latter finding the right one?

"isn't it a human desire to try and take a shot when it's been bothering them for like- more than a year?"

seokjin tilted his head over the conversation, resting his chin over his palm as he listened to heeyeon, grinning softly. "well, if you would ask me, it would've been great to give it a shot since you two are finally engaged, there's no more room for fans and agencies." he tells her, mixing his smoothie while waiting for the rest.