(18.) Girlfriend?

(Warnings: Sad but not really.)

Y/n's Pov:

At last, everyone involved with whatever is going on, is all in one place. So, we take advantage of this opportunity to explain our sides of the story.

"The Mind Flayer, it built this monster in Hawkins, to stop El, to kill her and pave a way into our world." Mike explains. Robin and I sat on the edge of the fountain, holding hands.

"And it almost did. That was just one tiny piece of it." Nancy continues.

"How big is this thing?" The chief, Hopper, asks.

"It's big." Jonathan answered. "Thirty feet, at least."

"Yeah." Lucas confirmed. "It sorta destroyed your cabin. Sorry." He says to Hopper. 

"Okay, so, just to be clear, this... this big fleshy spider thing that hurt El, it's some kind of gigantic... weapon?" Steve asks.

"Yes." Nancy answers.

"But instead of like, screws and metal, the Mind Flayer made its weapon... with melted people."

"Yes, exactly."

"Yeah, okay. I-- Yeah, I'm just making sure."

"Are we sure this thing is still out there, still alive?" Joyce asks. 

"El beat the shit out of it, but, yeah, it's still alive." Max answers.

"But if we close the gate again--" Will starts.

"We cut the brain off from the body." Max interrupts. 

"And kill it." Lucas says. "Theoretically." 

"Yoo-hoo!" The conspiracy-guy yells, waving papers around. "Yoo-hoo!"

Good Lord what now?

~~~~~

"Okay, this is what Alexi called "the hub." The man, Murray, explains, pointing to a map drawn on a legal pad. "Now the hub takes us to the vault room."

"Okay, where's the gate?" Hopper asks. 

"Right here. I don't know the scale on this, but I think it's fairly close to the vault room, maybe 50 feet or so." Murray explains. 

"More like 500." Erica butts in. For the first time in forever, I agree with her. "What, you're just comma waltz in there like it's commie Disneyland or something?"

"I'm sorry, who are you?" Murray asks her.

"Erica Sinclair. Who are you?"

"Murray... Bauman." He answers, confused by Erica's sass.

"Listen, Mr. Bunman, I'm not trying to tell you how to do things, but I've been down in that shithole for 24 hours. And with all due respect, you do what this man tells you, you're all gonna die."

"I'm sorry, why is this four-year-old speaking to me?" Oh, he was in deep shit now. 

"Um, I'm ten, you bald bastard!" She yells. She looks like she's about to throw hands. You know, her bratty personality is really entertaining when it's not directed at you. 

"Erica!" Lucas scolds her.

"Just the facts!"

"She's right. You're all gonna die, but you don't have to." My brother budges in. "Excuse me. Sorry, may I?

"Please." Murray grants. Dustin sits down and grabs the map.

"Okay, see this room here? This is a storage facility. There's a hatch in here that feeds into their underground ventilation system. That will lead you to the base of the weapon. It's a bit of a maze down there, but between me and Erica, we can show you the way."