Our story begins.. Rockily.

[Third person POV]

Dashing down the hallway, Cricket sprinted into the cafe and dived behind the counter. The human blinked when the Sprinklekit he had been chasing disappeared. The human shrugged, and walked away. Cricket peeked from the counter, they sat up, crossing their arms across the counter top. Espresso cleared his throat, to alert Cricket of his presence. Cricket squeaked, but soon calmed down upon realizing it was only the Mochi. "Hi..." They quietly waved, Sitting beside Espresso. "Are you alright, Cricket?" Espresso asked, hugging his arms around Cricket's neck. Cricket blinked, the Sprinklekit's ears pinning back. The icecream gootrax nodded slowly. "Rightttt..." Espresso said, leaning his head against Cricket's. Cricket swung their legs over the counter, humming. "Butters wanted to see you." Espresso said, closing his eyes. Cricket glanced  back at the Mochi, before nodding. The Sprinklekit slid off the counter, stumbling to stand on the ground, but quickly standing straight, rushing across the hallway and into the bathroom, they sat on the floor, waiting for Butters to appear. Soon enough, a Feizao appeared behind Cricket. "Boo!" He yelled, snatching Cricket's shoulders. The Sprinklekit shrieked, before realizing that it was Butters. Butters quickly hugged Cricket, smiling. "Hihi!" He said, pulling back before patting their head. Cricket pinned their ears back, and closed their eyes, honestly just enjoying the pets. "You're such a cat-" Butters said, continuing to pet the dessert feline. Cricket laid down along Butters' lap, purring quietly at the petting. Butters blushed a bit, before quickly shaking his head. 'No, they're not ready for a relationship- they hardly talk to any other gootrax at all.' He told himself. "Kitty, kitty, kitty!" Butters jokingly teased, hugging and still petting Cricket. The Sprinklekit kept purring, not paying much attention to the Feizao's comments. Cricket continued to  lay in the soap goo's lap and just soaking up the petting.

After some time, the two were cuddling on the floor against the wall of the bathroom. Cricket laid their head on Butters' chest, purring loudly as Butters was still petting their head. Butters slowly closed his eyes, falling asleep, and Cricket fell asleep soon after.

Rhinestone trugged through the hallways in the snow caves, before turning and entering the latex garden. He blinked, approching a Plantix, Peaches. "Peaches. Have you seen Leopard?" Rhinestone asked, quietly and in a rough tone.  Peaches glanced up at him, nodding. "He and Addi were near the emergency bay." Peaches said. Rhinestone flicked an ear. "Thanks." He said, rushing out of the room, Peaches blinked, before looking back down at a strange fruit that was by the Plantix's paws.

[TBC]