Chapter Thirty-Five.

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Well," said Harry, slightly nervously. "This is the place we've found for practices, and you've— er— obviously found it okay—"

"It's fantastic!" said Cho, and several people murmured their agreement.

"It's bizarre," said Fred, frowning around at it. "We once hit from Filch in here, remember, George? But it was just a broom cupboard then..."

"Hey, Harry, what's this stuff?" asked Dean from the rear of the room, indicating the Sneakoscopes and the Foe-Glass.

"Dark Detectors," said Harry, stepping between the cushions to reach them. "Basically they all show when Dark wizards or enemies are around, but you don't want to rely on them too much, they can be fooled..."
He gazed for a moment into the cracked Foe-Glass; shadowy figures were moving around inside it, though none was recognizable. He turned his back on it.
"Well, I've been thinking about the sort of stuff we ought to do first and— er—" Harry noticed a raised hand. "What, Hermione?"

"I think we ought to elect a leader," said Hermione.

"Harry's leader," said Cho at once, looking at Hermione as though she were mad.

"Yes, but I think we ought to vote on it properly," said Hermione, unperturbed. "It makes it formal and it gives him authority. So— everyone who thinks Harry ought to be our leader?"
Everyone raised their hand, even Zacharias Smith, though he did it halfheartedly.

"Er— right, thanks," said Harry, who could feel his face burning. "And— what, Hermione?"

"I also think we ought to have a name," Hermione said brightly, her hand still in the air. "It would promote a feeling of team spirit and unity, don't you think?"

"Can we be the Anti-Umbridge League?" said Angelina hopefully.

"Or the Ministry of Magic Are Morons Group?" suggested Fred.

"I was thinking," said Hermione, frowning at Fred, "more of a name that didn't tell everyone what we were up to, so we can refer to it safely outside of meetings."

"The Defence Association?" Cho suggested. "But it's a bit obvious, isn't it?"

"Yeah, the D.A.'s good," said Ginny. "But I reckon a name that the Ministry fears would be better, right?" (Y/n) snorted.

"Who does the Ministry fear more than Dumbledore himself?" (Y/n) mused.

"Dumbledore's Army!" Ginny grinned.

"Yeah, since that's already what they think we've got going—" (Y/n) cut herself off. "You aren't serious, are you?"

"Why wouldn't I be?" Ginny asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Why... why would we name ourselves that?" (Y/n) asked, looking absolutely bewildered.

"You suggested using Dumbledore's name," Ginny shrugged. "What else fits? Might as well mock them since they consider learning to be forming a private army. Now we'll be the Ministry's worst fear."
There was a mixture of appreciative murmuring and laughter at the girls' interaction.

"Ginny, please—"

"All in favour of the D.A.?" Hermione interrupted bossily. She kneeled up on her cushion to count. (Y/n) kept her hand down in protest. "That's majority— motion passed."

"Traitors," (Y/n) grumbled to Lee, Angelina, Alicia, Katie, and the twins, all of whom had risen their hands. "This is mental."

"It won't kill us," Alicia snickered.

"It'll arrest us," (Y/n) argued.

"If we're caught."

"If we're caught," (Y/n) agreed. Hermione pinned the piece of paper with all of their names to the wall and wrote DUMBLEDORE'S ARMY across the top in large letters.