First Meeting

Disclaimer: If you haven't read The Irregular at Magic High School, then you'll find this fanfic difficult to follow at times. Also, I will refer to characters with their surnames first and given names second, like Yotsuba Tatsuya instead of Tatsuya Yotsuba because the original work is that way. I will also add honorifics like -san, -sama, -dono etc for the same reason. The story will be written in 3rd pov with momentarily/randomly shifting a person's perspective, once again for the same reason. 

(MUST READ)Tatsuya had always lived an interesting life. From the moment he could stand and run, he worked hard to overcome his lack of talent in normal magic. However, working around his BS magic Decomposition and Regrowth, he was regarded as the strongest magician in the Yotsuba family even as a teenager. He never lost his emotions in this timeline(will be explained later). When he was 6 years old, his future marriage partner had been decided by his mother. He was engaged to a girl named Shiba Miyuki, who in her own right, was only a few steps behind Tatsuya as a magician. In fact, if we're looking at generic magic capability, then Miyuki would win outright. However...Tatsuya's mother Yotsuba Maya, the current head of the Yotsuba family and Miyuki's mother Shiba Miya had worked together to prevent the engaged couple from meeting each other. And now, facing his first day of High School, Tatsuya was forced to confront this problem. 

...

Tatsuya let lout a long sigh. 

He was clad in the uniform of First High, the most prestigious magic high school in the country of Japan. He was sitting on a comfy chair, sipping his morning coffee. Facing him sat his mother, Yotsuba Maya in all her glory.

"I'm telling you again, you will fall for Miyuki-san at first sight." She spoke as if reinforcing an already proven fact.

"And I'm telling you again Okaa-san(mother), that I won't." Tatsuya had heard this statement from her several times a week since he was accepted into First High. 

The Miyuki-san in question was his fiance, decided long ago by his mother and family. He, of course, had no problems with this. He understood what kind of family they were more than anyone. 

"In fact, I think you seem to have forgotten that I'm your son. And being exposed to such a beauty for so long should make it obvious that I'm past fawning over a girl's looks." Tatsuya stated blatantly, but a slight blush could be found not on his face, but his heart.

"Ara Ara~ Tatsuya-san always praises me without restraints~ If you keep this up, I might have to steal you from Miyuki-san." They shared a chuckle as Tatsuya put his cup down. 

As if communicating mentally, a certain person entered to room and bowed reverently before them.

"Tatsuya-sama, it is time to depart." Hayama Tadanori, Maya's guardian as well as Yotsuba family's head Butler addressed Tatsuya as he would address a prince. 

"Well then, I'll be off Okaa-san." Tatsuya stood up and bowed to his mother, and before she could place a forehead kiss, he was already outside the room. Maya chuckled at this and continued to sip her coffee. 

Tatsuya's drive to the school was quick and uneventful. He spent almost all of its time thinking about how he should act in front of her.

When they arrived, the driver of the car suddenly addressed Tatsuya before he could depart. 

"Best of luck to you, Tatsuya-sama."

"For what, Hanabishi-san?" Hanabishi was another butler under the Yotsuba family, and while he wasn't Tatsuya's guardian, he was strangely responsible for most things related to him.