Chapter 6

I eventually made my way out of the den after spending a bit of time with the pack and blowing off some steam after what Eliza did to the moonstone I was wearing but I was making my way through the forest when I heard footsteps behind me with the sound of some loose leaves that had fallen on the floor.

I turned to look in the direction of the noise but couldn't find anything "Wyatt I swear if that's you" I said as I stood in the same spot.

A figure started to emerge from the darkness, they had crazy curly hair that was pulled up into a high bun with strands poking out, as the figure got closer it finally clicked on who it was from the posture and their features "why are you still out here Eliza?" I questioned as I crossed my arms.

"I just wanted to talk" she put her hands up in defence.

"Alright, ok," I said blankly.

"I know you like Wyatt and we both know you two can't end up together"

"What makes you say that?" I questioned again, why does she have to make that statement?

"Because we know how it was with Addi and Zed, they are barely excepted and then with the anti-monster laws in place again" she paused "plus he's just a random beast from the forest"

"First of all, you don't know anything about the wolves and Wyatt," I said as I took a step closer to Eliza "and secondly, don't you dare insult Wyatt like that, he's not a beast from the forest cause if you knew him as I did you wouldn't be talk about him like that"

"Oh wake up Elena, you only met him a few days ago like the rest of us, the pack is only here to get their moonstone and then they're going to run away and leave this town and you and never look back" Eliza started yelling in my face, my blood started to boil with frustration.

"Maybe so but do I look like I care a bit?" I yelled back.

"You are falling for a player and he most probably doesn't even like you, you are so naive" I decided to stay silent as the words sank in, there is that possibility "have these words finally sunk into that brain of your?" Eliza got even closer to me and started poking at my head before moving behind me and walking away leaving me alone in the forest.

She could be right but then she could also be wrong, I let out a heavy sigh as I tucked my hands into my pockets and started my walk again but not in the direction of home but the direction of my favourite spot to hopefully be alone but there's a chance of meeting a specific person here.

I approached the spot and could see the only other person that knew about it, Wyatt. From behind, I could see that he had his own hands in his pants pockets as he stood by the edge looking over the towns. I crept up next to him silently, as I stood next to him I looked in the same direction as he was looking.

"I heard your conversation with Eliza" Wyatt announced out of the blue.

"Of course, you did" I sighed.

"Do you believe her?" He asked as he turned his head to look at me.

"I don't know, I don't want to but there's something in me that says she's right" I muttered slightly not wanting to believe what Eliza said.

"Even with the monster laws in place that doesn't mean that it's a law in the forest," Wyatt said as a smile grew on his handsome face, I turned to face Wyatt to say something but he grabbed my hands catching me slightly off guard "I like you Elena and I want you to be mine even if it means breaking a few rules" my heart skipped a few beats. I felt a blush start to creep onto the cheeks and the bridge of my nose along with the tops of my ears. It felt like I lost the ability to talk or move.