Part 1

It was dark, extremely dark, Giyuu could no longer feel anything, it was just cold and dark. He felt like he was floating in a dark void for an amount of time he didn't care to keep track of. It felt so....peaceful, so cold, this was how death was, or so he thought.

A sudden sensation hit him, it felt like a breeze or some sort of draft. With a sudden jolt his eyes opened and a bright light overtook his vision.

His eyes burned as he struggled to keep them open while shielding them from the bright light around him.

As his vision adjusted he could now see the new sight that replaced the nothingness he had seen before. It was a tall very wide wooden gate of some sorts.

Strangely enough this particular gate felt extremely familiar to him. It took a moment to click but he soon recognized what all of a sudden stood before him, it was the entrance to the Demon slayer headquarters.

"What? Where am I?" Giyuu asked himself in his state of confusion, he knew what this was but not exactly where it was, all he knew is that he should be dead right about now.

"Is this the afterlife?" Giyuu said to himself in amazement as he pushed open the gates' doors.

Before walking through the gate he had noticed something odd. He was wearing his slayer uniform and haori from his days as a slayer.... but.... he had an arm again?

Right, this was the afterlife, of course he had his arm back.

"This place looks exactly like the old headquarters." Giyuu said in astonishment as he wasn't expecting this to be what the afterlife looked.

"Tomioka-San, you made it." A strange feminine sounding voice called out to him.

He looked around to where the voice came from before spotting a figure he hadn't seen in years.

"Kocho?" Giyuu said in confusion. But this wasn't his kocho he was so familiar with, it was kanae, her elder sister.

Giyuu's eyes soon went wide as he looked at the group.

Gyomei, Rengoku, Kanae, Sanemi, Tengen. They were all standing in a group chatting with each other.

This definitely wasn't what he was expecting to be greater by as soon as he crossed over to the land of the dead. He once more examined the group as he stood in utter surprise, then one man stuck out to him the more he thought about it.

"Uzui? But you're not dead, why're you here?" Giyuu worriedly exclaimed as he came over to the group.

"What are you talking about?" Tengen said with an eyebrow raised and a face of skewed confusion.

Giyuu did a double take and stared at Tengen again, now that he thought about it, they all definitely looked younger then he remembered.

"Did you hit your head or something?" Sanemi scoffed with his rugged voice of his.

"What-.... I-....."  Giyuu struggled to explain as he attempted to process what was going on, this didn't make any sense. If this was the afterlife then why was Tengen here? He wasn't dead last time he checked.

"Tomioka-San, you look a little unwell." Rengoku said while looking at him with his arms crossed.

Giyuu was indeed sweating a little and looked a bit dazed.

"What's today's date?" Giyuu asked jokingly to the group unsure if the concept of time applied to the dead.

"It's XX, X, 19XX" gyomei said while he held onto his prayer beads.

"What? This doesn't make any sense." Giyuu mumbled to himself.

"Is this a memory? Or a dream?" Giyuu's thoughts swirled in his head as he struggled to wrap his head around whatever was going on.