JOKGU GAME

The Korean military created the sport of jokgu, which is a combination of football and volleyball, as a recreational exercise. Later, the sport spread throughout the entire nation and is now practiced at the professional, amateur, and young levels. It is extremely comparable to the game of football tennis.

The words "jokgu" and "football" are derived from the Chinese characters for foot ("jok") and ball ("gu"), and given the number of "football" variants that are currently competing for world supremacy, it could be simpler to recall in Korean.

Jokgu's origins are still a mystery. According to one hypothesis, the game was invented in the 1960s by disenchanted air force soldiers while they were killing time on runways. Another hypothesis is that it was brought over by Vietnam War veterans who practiced sepak takraw.

A jokgu contest is played between two teams, each of which has four players. played on a flat surface with a low net, such as a tennis court. The court is 16m x 7m in size and has a net height of 1.1m. To legally give the opposition the ball back is the goal for each team. Players are only permitted to strike the ball with their foot or shins. There is also room for headers. A maximum of three touches are permitted for each team, and after the third touch, the ball must be passed back to the opposition.

Dropping a ball into the side of your opponent is the main objective of a game of Jokgu. The ball must be kicked over the net that is positioned in the centre by the player. With the exception that it is played with your feet, or occasionally your head, it essentially follows the same rules as volleyball. Three games are played in total, and the winning side is the one that wins the first two.

The fact that the sport may be played on any little area contributes to its appeal in Korea. More significantly, jokgu is a sport that is directly connected to the concept of passing the time. It is a useless activity that guys engage in when they come together and have nothing better to do, which, from what I can see, is during the majority of their service in the military.

Jokgu gives kids the chance to build physical fitness-related health and skill elements like flexibility, eye-foot coordination, and the basic motor skills of kicking and juggling. Students can also develop their mobility abilities and game strategies by playing it. Jokgu is a game that you can play for enjoyment, but if you're anything like me, it's actually just a cover for getting together with friends and drinking during the day.