Chapter 8 - Real Love Or Fake Love

Start from the beginning

"So it does have a time limit?"

"Of course. Every potion has a time limit. Potions were made for temporary solutions to problems, need to run faster? Need to punch a rock? A potion exists for plenty of stuff. The longest a potion has lasted is a couple years. The duration for some depends on how much you took." It told them everything they needed to know. "How much of that love potion did the pink one drink?"

"A drop apparently in a cup of tea." Damien told it.

"Ah. Even a drop has a lasting time. Look, relax buddy. If you can't get the potion to reverse the effects, it'll wear off by the end of the month at most. I guarantee it. Somethin tells me though that you don't wanna wait out the clock." It guessed.

"No. I don't. I can't leave her like this for a whole month. I have to at least try to help her."

He stood up and looked to the others.

"Alright what do we got?"

Tabitha held a book open in front of him.

"Thank you Tabitha." He said and took it from her.

It read something about things they need for a potion that cancels the effects of any other potion.

"Sounds like just what we need."

Everyone looked at it to see it was kind of a tough one to make.

"Are you sure about this darling? Would it not be easier to wait?" Kirche asked.

"First, never call me that again. Second, I want to at least try to help her as soon as I can." He told them.

With that they went about planning on how to get this potion for Louise.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
One week later.

"How could we be this unlucky? A fucking town was submerged by a water spirit and even if by some luck we managed to get it to go away, whatever we're lucking for will be dead. That plant we need will have drowned."

Damien fell back on the bed of Louise's room. Louise obviously fell with him as she refuses to let go of him.

They spent the last week looking and only found a village that was supposed to have a plant they needed submerged under water.

"I guess we'll have to wait out the timer then." Montmorency said shrugging.

"Yeah. Sounds like it... Damnit... Sorry Louise."

Damien felt like shit.

He sat up and looked to Louise who looked happy to just be near him.

"Guess you just have to wait to be back in control of yourself..."

He felt a hand on his shoulder and looked to see Guiche.

"You tried at least. That's all she would want. And besides." He smiled. "Look on the bright side. You have a girl that's fallen head over heels for you."

"... That was a joke right?" Damien asked glaring at him.

Guiche leaned away.

"Of course! Just a joke!"

"Good. Otherwise I'd ask you to dual me again."

Eventually, everyone left after wishing him luck with dealing with Louise for the next three weeks.

When they were gone, he put his gear down.

"Well. I guess we better get some rest. Are you-"

He looked over to see she was already asleep. She must have spent all her energy.