« Chapter 1 »

"Happy birthday Kyoko, dear!"

I happily sat in my seat,grinning my face off. My parents pulled me into a hug,and everyone at the restaurant stared and smiled. Today,I feel special. Like this day is going to change everything! The waitress placed the huge cake onto the table.

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday day, Kyoko. Happy birthday to you!" Everyone sang and clapped as I blew out the candle.

I tried to stay still as my mom cut the cake.She handed me the first slice and I jammed the whole thing in my mouth.Everyone laughed at my actions.

"Mommy,Daddy!What present did you get me?"I asked excitedly as I sat in the car seat.

"It's a surprise,dear.You'll get to open it when we get home,"Mom said.

"I'm sure you'll love it,Koko.Your mother and I specifically picked it out,just for you,"Dad said.

I sat excitedly in my seat,waiting to get home.

Suddenly everything went in slow motion.

A car with a 17 year old came towards us fast.The light was red but it kept speeding closer.I turned towards my mom and dad,to tell them,but the words didn't come out fast enough.The car slammed into the front of the car.I was knocked back into my seat.

Then everything turned black.

"Someone call 911!There's a car accident!"

I slowly opened my eyes,feeling dizzy.I tried to stand up,but something was pushing me down.

Sirens rang through the night.This can't be real.

On my birthday...?

^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^
I hope you enjoyed chapter one of split sides! Have a nice day! (≧∇≦)/ More chapters coming soon!

~Panda