Prologue

??? POV

"The planet will explode soon, my lord." I smirked as the inhabitants of the planet began panicking. "It's not our problem now, Whis." As I turned to leave, I heard crying. Landing back on the planet, there was a woman crouched with a baby holding his tail, wailing.

The woman was shocked while her son reached towards me with a smile on his face. "Please protect him." I looked down at the child and sighed. "Goodbye, Sarin." I picked up the boy and flew back to Whis. "This is unlike you, my lord. Showing compassion and kindness." I placed my free hand on the Angel's shoulder and we left as the rest of the Thirteenth Universe faded.

Seventeen years later...
Sarin POV

"C'mon Whis! I'm ready for another round!" The Angel took a stance as I took mine

"C'mon Whis! I'm ready for another round!" The Angel took a stance as I took mine. "Hah!" I charged at Whis, trying to hit him once. This was how I got faster. Whis moved like water. Hitting him was like trying to hit a cloud: every hit just feels like a miss. I finally landed a solid blow to the stomach and made Whis stumble backwards. "I think that's enough for today."

I was coated in sweat and hungry. "What's for lunch?" Whis chuckled as we made our way back to the castle. "Whatever there is in Toki Toki." I tilted my head. "Toki Toki? Where is that?" A rough sounding voice spoke. "It sits on the edge of Universe Seven."

"Father

"Father." "My Lord, I was hoping by the time we returned, you'd have been ready." A smile spread across his face. "Relax. I've been ready." The bathrobe dropped revealing his God of Destruction attire.

I placed a hand on Whis' shoulder, while Beerus placed his hand on the other. I closed my eyes as multicolored light surrounded us, bringing us to Toki Toki. I opened my eyes to see different races talking, flying, shopping, and eating."Lord Beerus!"

Our heads turned in the direction of the voice, which belonged to a short pink woman. "Chronoa. This is Sarin, he'll be trying out for the Time Patrol." "Great!" Beerus placed his hand on Whis and they were gone.

I turned my attention back to Chronoa. "How do you know Fa- Lord Beerus?" "Hey! I'll be asking the questions here!" I stepped back at her sudden change in tone. "How are you at fighting?" "What?" A ki blast came at me from behind her.

I deflected it back towards my attacker. A young man with blue hair charged me with a sword. "HA!" He swung downwards, but I stopped the blade by catching it between my hands. "Not bad. Let's see how you handle this!" He held a hand out and a flash of yellow sent me towards a wall.

"Alright, then. My turn." I pulled my hands towards my body, one above the other, and began to charge ki. "Kame. Hame. HAAA!" A blue beam flew from my hands and pushed the fighter. "Never caught your name. I'm Sarin." "Trunks. You know that move?"

I walked towards Trunks and Chronoa. "Yeah, I do a lot of traveling. What was this about?" The two looked at each other, nodded, then looked back at me. "We have a quest for you. You're going to Namek."