Chapter 4 - A Huntsman's Duty

Start from the beginning

"Tell me what?"

He sat down and sighed.

"She's a nice girl. And a great maid too. That can be a good thing..." He looked up to Damien. "And a bad thing."

"What happened? Is she ok?"

"I hope... She's not here anymore. She got shipped off to some noble guy. Around here, maids are often seen as something that can be traded. Get what I mean?"

Damien was sent into a panic now. She wasn't here. She was shipped off. She was traded. Why?

"Some rich noble bought her from the school and they gladly sold her. They saw her as money and nothing else. Happens way too often I'm afraid. Sometimes... You don't ever see them again. Sometimes they get treated well... I think you get where I'm goin."

"Yeah... Shit...."

He sat down, unable to believe this. She was going off and she never told him? Why didn't she say anything? He could have done something to help her.

"She said she didn't want to be a problem for ya. She didn't want to just use you like a weapon. Said she was just happy to have met ya." He stood up to get back to work. "Thanks for at least giving her a good few days here while you could."

Damien didn't know what to do. She didn't want to go, no way. She was sad yesterday. She was.....

'She was crying for help you moron!'

"I need to go."

He ran out the door.

Then he came back.

"Wait! Where is she now?"

Marteau knew exactly what he was going to do. He smiled.

"You're a good guy."
.
.
.
.
.
.
Louise was just getting ready for bed. She was all ready, cleaned, dressed and just about ready to fall unconscious.

She was on her way to the bed when to door burst open. She jumped a bit and looked to see it was her familiar Damien.
Did he sprint here? He looks out of breath.

"Damien? Did... Did you sprint up the stairs?"

"No time." He immediately rushed to get his weapons.

"Wait, where are you going? What's going on?" She asked now concerned.

"Maid. Siesta. Gone. Need to hurry." He stopped to catch his breath. "Ok... Siesta. The maid I was talking to these last few nights... She got shipped off to some rich asshole."

He went to leave, but she stopped him.

"Woah! Stop and wait for a second! Think about this. Damien, if a maid is bought by a noble then that's final. You can't take her back."

"Louise. That girl was crying for help last time I saw her and I missed it. I'm going after her. I don't care if I have to kill the bastard. This is what I've been training for. Huntsmen save lives. We don't sit and watch them die."

He ran out past her.

"Wait! Ugh! Do you even know where she is?"

"Yes I do! Some Mott guy!"

She followed after him after getting dressed and only managed to see him run past the horses and out the gate.

"And where is he going at this hour?"

Turning around she sees Kirche and that girl Tabitha.

"That idiot is running all the way to Count Mott!"