𝟎𝟏𝟒. the snowball of 84'

chapter fourteen

chapter fourteen.
the snowball of 84'
nightmare town.

It was now December 15th and a month had passed since the night Eleven closed the gate and they defeated the Mindflayer and the Demodogs

It was now December 15th and a month had passed since the night Eleven closed the gate and they defeated the Mindflayer and the Demodogs. Hopper had just recently obtained an official birth certificate for Eleven, Mike finally accepted Max as part of their party to which she happily accepted, Julie and Steve spent a lot of time together with the same group that she hung out with at his house but unfortunately had yet to go on the date despite their friend's protests and the obvious tension. However instead, they "unknowingly" flirted back and forth like it was a sport and they were all-star athletes. Julie also found a mother figure in Joyce Byers after the group reunited that terrible night and Joyce had been an emotional replacement for Julie's emotionally and physically absent mother. Joyce had been there for her with advice over the smallest problems that Susan didn't even know about.

Now, it was the night of the Hawkins Middle School Snowball dance which Julie, Sarah, Nancy, and Jonathan all volunteered to chaperone. In all honesty, Julie just wanted to see Max have a great time at her first dance even if it was just for a small moment and as a plus, the volunteering hours would look amazing on her upcoming college applications at the end of the school year.

At that moment, Julie and Max giddily ran up to Nancy who stood behind the punch bowl at the refreshment table. Julie used one hand to pull her dress down a bit and used the other to hold a bag of sugar that she and Max stole from the kitchen only a minute ago behind her back. Nancy furrowed her brows at the playful smirks on their faces. Despite the cold air drifting outside, Julie was sweating as the gymnasium held so many students along with adults that the air felt nonexistent.

"What's with the smirks?" Nancy questioned the two girls in front of her.

"Hoping you'll let us spike the punch bowl?" Max asked sweetly trying to persuade the junior that was completely shocked by her words before turning to Julie.

Julie shook her head knowing why Nancy seemed so shocked. She pulled the bag of sugar out from behind her back and held it in front of her, sticking it out to Nancy. Nancy sighed with laughter.