Secrets Lie Within: Year 1 Part 13

Chapter 13:

Roselia sits a the Hufflepuff table and silently eats her dinner. She takes a sip of her water when she notices Qurriell at the teachers' table looking a little strange.

He appears to be staying calm, but out of place. It's not like the professor clad in the purple being his usual shy, stuttering self. Qurriell has a hand under his chin while looking away from his food and others, including Roselia. It did concern the young wolf because Qurriell will secretly smile and knowledge her, but he didn't.

Daddy escapes the Great Hall without anyone, except for Softpaw, noticing. This is early for the professor to leave for any meal.

Suddenly, a thought appears in her mind. There has been one night every once in a while where her daddy will act in a similar matter and won't return until the earliest hours of the next morning. Normally Roselia wouldn't ask questions, but he promised her would play with her tonight.

She waits for another ten or so minutes before leaving. One of the rules that he has for Roselia is to wait for about ten to fifteen minutes after Qurriell leaves. If she leaves at the same time as him, rumors will spread, which makes her nervous about benign the center of attention.

Softpaw enters the empty corridor and she immediately decides to follow her daddy. The wolf girl knows she's going to get in trouble, but she's worried for Daddy. Qurriell's scent gets picked up and she begins following it.

For some reason, the scent leads her toward the forest. Nighttime darkens around the grounds. A new sight of a pure white wolf with a hint of pink in her fur. She freely walks among the grassy grounds, smelling the comfortable scent.

At some point, the scent fades. Roselia smells around the air and onto the ground. She gets confused and scared. A howl appears out of her mouth, calling for Daddy. Tears brim in her eyes. Where is Daddy? Was Roselia a bad girl?

Then a new scent emerges. It's strong and familiar, but something about it doesn't seem right. She immediately perks up. "Bl-Blood?" Roselia thinks, surprised. It is blood, but it wasn't blood she has smelled before. Human blood, no, wolf blood, no, lizard blood, no, nothing she's familiar with.

The snowy wolf follows the new scent. She's on a run but quickly stops.

There's a figure hovering over a magical creature. It's quickly recognized as a unicorn. The unicorn lays on its side, dead from the hooded figure. Whoever it is was drinking on its blood - the silver blood. Roselia feels like she's going to be ill at the sight.

A scream snaps her glance from the attacker. She sees three of her classmates and a canine with them. The scream came from the blond Slytherin boy, but the grey/black-haired Slytherin girl charged at the attacker in rage. Roselia's eyes widened when she recognizes who the girl is.

Softpaw knows when the female student gets involved, there's nothing the wolf girl can do. In fact, the wolf runs away from the scene.

Hours later, Roselia is trying to sleep in front of the fireplace in her dorm room curled up with her ears and tail out. The image keeps on appearing in her mind, keeping her fully asleep.

A gentle, familiar hand meets with her white locks to pet her. She relaxes once she noticed it was her daddy's hand.

"Such a good girl for Daddy," he whispers, petting her. "Never going to leave me." His fingertips trail down to the side of her pale neck to press down on Roselia's pulse for a moment before she hears a dark chuckle and a lick on the lips.

She feels her heart stop for a second. She smells it again - unicorn's blood.