chapter 2

y/n's pov

[ now ]

-------------------------

you cautiously make your way through the woods, taking care to avoid thorny branches, woodland critters, and so forth.

all has been well for the last year. you've been living in the woods and surviving on your own, which is just fine to you. besides, who cares about that school? and yet, you still wonder what is happening to all of your former classmates. you still wonder what is happening in that school. you wish you didn't care, but it's all you can think about now.

you're scavenging for berries and animals to eat when hear them...

footsteps.

and human footsteps, too. not just animal ones.

goddamn it. you shouldn't have hunted in this area of the forest. the ground was littered with dead leaves and branches. a move now would be like broadcasting your location to whoever that was.

thump-crunch.

thump-crunch.

it's getting louder now.

suddenly, your necklace burns with a warning.

almost like you haven't done it yourself, your hand instinctively reaches up and catches the knife that was thrown at the back of your head.

this necklace just saved my life.

you turn around, catching 3 more knives between your fingers.

you thrust out your [f/g/c] fingerglow, using your trusty levitation spell that you learned in your first year of school to pull your attacker forward, out of the shadows.

it's a boy, his violet eyes gleaming with malice, his spiked ebony hair shining in the dim dawn light.

"and who might you be?" he asks you,

"[y/n] [y/l/n]. and you?"

"aric. aric lesso."