7

"Do you want anything to drink?" Steve asked as we walked into the party. I shook my head as he led me into the kitchen, where people were drinking. He grabbed a beer out of a cooler and then led me outside where his friends were. 

"Steve, you made it," Tommy began. "And who is this delicious thing?" He looked me up and down and I felt Steve's arm wrap around my waist, pulling me closer to him. 

"My girlfriend, Elizabeth." He looked at me and smiled before taking a sip of his beer. "This is Tommy." 

"It's nice to finally meet you, Elizabeth. Steve here has told us all about you." I looked at Steve with questioning eyes, but he was staring at someone. Nancy. 

"He has?" I asked as he tightened his arm around me, bringing me even closer to him. 

"Oh yea, he told me about you like weeks ago and finally told Tina and everyone else-" Steve elbowed Tommy to shut up. "I totally thought he was lying but here you two are together." 

"Tommy, shut up," Steve began looking around and I grabbed his hand. He looked down at me and I smiled. 

"You have been talking about me for weeks?" I  raised a brow and his cheeks turned a little red. I leaned on my tip toes and kissed him on the cheek. I leaned back and he was smiling at me. 

"You two are pretty cute, I will have to say that. And less drama than Nancy." I looked at Tommy then back at Steve. 

"Why don't we go somewhere private." I pulled Steve's arm to go back inside. He snaked his arms around my waist as he followed me. 

"Let me grab another beer," He let go and pulled me into the kitchen with him. I looked around and saw Billy walking into the kitchen.

"Shit," I said quietly, turning away from Steve. He grabbed my hand and turned me back to him. 

"What's the matter?" Steve asked. I pulled my hand away from him as Billy approached us. 

"Lizzy, what are you doing here? You are supposed to be with Maxine." Billy looked at me then at Steve. He walked closer to me, taking my wrist in his hand. I tried to pull it away from him but he gripped harder. 

"Hey, man. Let go of her," Steve tried to pull Billy away from me, but his grip got harder. Billy turned to look at Steve with a wild smirk on his face. 

"Billy, don't." He turned back to me. 

"Why, Elizabeth? As far as I'm concerned he is a secret, you don't even care about him, do you? You are using him for the only thing you know how to do." Billy had me corned at this point, as Steve tried pulling him away. "Let me be honest with you because no one else will and you don't listen to dad, any guy who says he is interested in you beyond fucking you is full of shit. So good luck with your boyfriend." He let go of me before turning back to the party. 

"Hey, asshole," Steve yelled over the loud music. Billy turned to Steve as he pulled his arm back, punching Billy in the face. Billy grabbed his nose as Steve shook his hand. I rushed over to Steve and grabbed his hand. 

"Are you ok?" I asked looking his hand over. His knuckles were bleeding and I looked up at him. He was looking at Billy who was walking up to him, pissed. 

"You're so dead," Billy said, pulling his arm back to his Steve but I stepped in front of him. The pain seared through my face as both Billy and Steve stared at me with fear in their eyes. I turned to walk towards the door and both of them followed behind me. 

"Lizzy, I didn't mean to," Billy pleaded behind me, but I couldn't even look at him. I felt Steve by my side as he grabbed my hand. 

"Steve, leave me alone." I shook his hand off as I walked outside. I turned to look at them and they were pushing each other around. I continued around the porch, where nobody was. I sat down and tried not to cry. I heard yelling and covered my ears with my hands. Why did everything have to end in violence? I got up and walked back to the party and Billy and Steve were fighting.