Chapter 1 - The Summon

Start from the beginning

Resume.

She turned from her desk where her mirror is. She checks she has everything and once she's certain nothing has been forgotten, she steps out of the room.

She ignores anyone that says anything about her today. She won't let anyone get to her today, not while her spirits are so high. She can summon a great familiar. She will summon a great familiar.

"You've got this Louise." She told herself as she made her way to her first class of the day.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Here it is. Moment of truth.

Here she stands, the last student in her year to summon a familiar. She blocks out all the insults being hurled at her that the teacher clearly doesn't care to stop and focuses.

All she has to do is cast the spell to summon her familiar, then she can brag to the whole school that she has the strongest familiar.

Assuming she summons one at all.

She grows worried as nothing seems to be happening. She was about to try and reposition herself thinking she maybe just make a minor mistake in her stance or something, when out of know where her spell just exploded. Bigger than it normally does.

She looks to see dust had kicked up.

Actually, that didn't seem like an explosion. It was more like something just impacted with the ground. Something large and heavy. Something.... Monstrous.

Did she do it? Did she summon something huge? Like a dragon? Oh a dragon would be so cool! One bigger than the one that Tabitha girl summoned.

She looks on in excitement waiting for the dust to clear. When it does, all her hopes and dreams came crashing down.

There was a human. Just a regular human guy.

'Are you serious? Some guy in tacky armour and a crappy looking sword? That's it? I could just hire a personal guard for that! Ugh!'

As expected, the laughs from the students around followed.

The guy looked about her age. Definitely taller than her.

He seemed to be unconscious, but was waking up.

Ok, she'll admit, the armour only has a hole in the chest piece and the sword looks decent, but still. This is her familiar?

He sat up and was up on his feet in seconds. He was taking in his surroundings and said something. She couldn't understand him at all.

Unfortunately, she can't do a reroll and she has to accept this as her familiar.
.
.
.
.
Damien woke up in an unfamiliar place. It was bright and the first thing he saw was a bright blue sky. He sat up and saw he was definitely not at Beacon anymore. He was up in seconds to look around and hopefully find something to help him understand where he is.

Around him were people around his age aside from that one old looking teacher guy. Everyone seemed to be laughing at something. He ignored that and looked to the walls that seemed to surround wherever he is.

There were gates that were clearly open, so it's not some prison, he hopes.

"Ok. First check myself. I got me, my armour, my weapons.... Yep, weapons are here, bar my guns, still don't know where they went... Scroll?" He checked his back pocket. He felt his scroll and pulled it out. Aside from a crack on the corner, it worked. "No signal... I can at least see my Aura... That's pretty much all I can do though."

He then noticed a girl with pink hair and eyes standing in front of him. He faces her and it sounds like she's saying something.
He has no idea what though.