Chapter 3: Ginkgoblin Heist

The night was long and quiet, all that could be heard was the soft whispers of the wind and the gentle rustling of leaves. Light Vanilla Cookie sat by the campfire looking up at the sky, for once it was clear with no sight of any summoning glyphs. Glaring at the dazzling stars, she started to imagine the great Vanilla Kingdom, where its grand castle and town soared over the clouds with its residency blooming with life, performing eye-catching displays of magic and sharing its knowledge with everyone! Unfortunately, this vision of the Vanilla Kingdom is made up of nothing but assumptions, for Light Vanilla has never seen nor set foot in that old kingdom, but she deeply wishes to do so. She only knows about its existence by hearing tales about it from the elders in the village and examining the decrepit murals when she patrolled the Hero's Gate. She then snapped back into reality once she heard Puppy's loud barking.

Light Vanilla Cookie

-What's wrong, boy?

-Did you find something?

Puppy

-Arf! Arf! Grrr..

Puppy pointed at the nearest bush and continued to growl at it. Using her cane as support, she got up and tip-toed closer to the suspicious bush. As she got closer, she could see the slight shaking of leaves and unintelligible murmuring. The light of her lamp shined brightly revealing a couple of beady eyes staring outwardly from the bush.

Light Vanilla Cookie

-H-hey, I see you!

-State your purpose here!

Puppy

-GRRrr...

The littles eyes in the bush suddenly disappeared and the leaves ceased to shake.

Light Vanilla Cookie

- I'm not going to hurt you, if you need help then I am more than willing to assist.

Little whispers were heard again and then a ball rolled out of the bush. Light Vanilla held the ball eagerly.

Light Vanilla Cookie

-Oh I see, do you want to play catch?

But then, more balls rolled out of the bush, some reaching the camp. Puppy desperately barked at Light Vanilla.

Light Vanilla Cookie

-Quiet Puppy, you'll wake up everyone!

-I'm sure there is nothing to fear.

She rotated it, examining the ball in her hand.

Light Vanilla Cookie

-This is just a regular...

-AAH-!

It was not a ball, but in fact, a smoke bomb! She threw the bomb back to the bush, but it was already to late, it blew up mid air, so did the other bombs and now the whole base was covered in smoke! Light Vanilla held her lamp close out of panic, she could not see anything but the end of her dress. Still, she could hear their laughter and steps passing by her and rushing to the base. Whatever they were planning she could not let it come to fruition, she had to do something!