Losing Game

(A/N: I worked on this chapter until it was almost done and then my STUPID THING GOT ERASED SO I HAVE TO REWRITE IT ALL! So, in my general upseted-ness (I know it's not a word, deal with it), I passive-aggressively wrote this chapter, and it is angsty, as you can tell by the title. Enjoy <3)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Childe:
Yo what up girlie, it's ya boi, Childe!

Albedo I think:
Who are you talking to?

Heizou:
GUYS I KNOW WHO IT IS!

Childe:
Who who is?

Daddy Kaeya:
Are you playing Clue again or something?

Myself (Aether):
Guys I have to do something, I'll be back.

Childe:
Okay.
Um...have fun ig

Bbg:
You dumbass.

Childe:
AYO WHAT DID I DO?

Heizou:
NO WAIT AETHER YOU NEED TO HEAR THIS!

Daddy Kaeya:
Too late bestie ❤️
He's offline

Heizou:
FUCK!
HE NEEDS TO KNOW IT WAS HIS SISTER THAT DID IT!

Childe:
Ayo what?
Plot-fucking-t w i s t

Bbg:
Don't worry i'll text him rn
He listens to me.

Daddy Kaeya:
Gl ig
-----------------

Aether closes his phone and jumps out of the window. It's on the first story, so he lands on the grass lightly.

Immediately after landing, he begins to sprint towards the woods.

It doesn't matter what Heizou is going to tell him.

He knows.

He knows who did it.

And he has to get to her first.

Aether dodges between trees and avoids stray roots.

I'm sorry, Xiao. But I can't risk you getting into any danger. This is for me alone to face. Aether thinks to himself.

"I'm sorry..." Aether says again, this time out loud instead of in his thoughts.

"Sorry for what?" A voice to his left pipes up, scaring the shit out of Aether.

Next to him runs a small girl with white hair, running with her arms outstretched in the most stereotypical anime way.

Aether stops quickly, scraping the edge of his shoe on the ground.

"Wait, if you have something you're running off to do, don't stop because of me." The girl says, her green eyes wide and adorable.

"Wh-who are you? Where did you come from?" Aether.

"Wow, you really don't know. Anyways, you can call me K- I mean Na..hida." The girl says slowly.

"Nahida? Okay then. Nahida, what do you want?" Aether asks, suspicious of the small girl.

"I'll ask you. Where are you running off to?" Nahida asks.

"I'm trying to get to my sister! She's about to hurt people, and I don't know why!" Aether cries.

The girl is silent for a moment, before speaking up again.

"Aether...do you believe in.... the multiverse theory?" She asks.