Draco stands over Harry, about an inch or two taller as Harry glares up at him with his arms crossed in annoyance.

Draco then fakes fear as he staggers backwards, Harry looking at him confused.

"D-dementor! Dementor!" Draco exclaims mockingly as Harry flinches and turns around along with many of the other students.

Draco laughs as I snicker slightly at my brothers face. He pulls up his hood as Harry turns around, mockingly acting as a dementor.

Hermione sighs as she leans against the stone fence with a slightly annoyed look on her face as I shake my head and stand next to her.

"Don't pay attention to them, mate." Ron says as he drags Harry away.

Draco grin falters slightly as he pulls his hood off and stands next to me and Hermione.

"If you want his attention, that's not the best way to get it." I mutters to Draco he simply leans against the wall.

"How else am I going to get him to even glance at me? He hates me...!" I mutters back, clearly frustrated.

"It will all work itself out. I would start with an apology though." I suggest with a wink before turning back towards Harry.

"Da-da-da-da!" Hagrid clears his throat as I look over at the hippogriff which stands infront of everyone.

"Isn't he beautiful? Say hello to buckbeak!" Hagrid introduces the animal as Draco looks at it suspiciously.

"Hagrid, exactly what is that?" Ron asks as buckbeak looks around.

"That, Ron, is a hippogriff! First thing you want to know about hippogriffs is that they're very proud creatures. Very easily offended. You do not want to insult a hippogriff. It may just be the last thing you ever do." Hagrid warns as me and Hermione share a look before looking back at Hagrid.

"Now... who'd like to come and say hello?" Hagrid asks as everyone backs away, I quickly jump up and walk to the front, Harry glances at me before backing up aswell.

"Well done, y/n. Well done." Hagrid says as I simply nod and look at the hippogriff.

I step forward slowly, walking towards the hippogriff as it looks at me.

"Excellent work y/n! Now just wait if he bows back, if he does, ye' can go and touch 'im! And if not... well, we'll get t' that later." Hagrid says as I dramatically bow to the hippogriff.

It looks at me blankly before slowly bowing aswell.

"Well done y/n, he never be taking a liking to anyone this quickly!" Hagrid says as I stand up straight once the hippogriff does aswell.

"Right. Now you should go and pat him now." Hagrid instrucks as I approach the hippogriff who stares back at me.

Suddenly, Weasley pushes his way to the front along with Draco and Hermione.

Draco takes a bite of a green apple as I roll my eyes.

I hold my hand out towards the hippogriff, showing no signs of fear or nervousness in order to not annoy the hippogriff.

I pause once I was close enough and watch as the hippogriff approach's me.

He rubs his head against my palm as I grin up at the creature.

"Excellent work y/n!" Hagrid announces clapping as Weasley scoffs.

"I think he may let you ride him now." Hagrid says as my eyes widen.

"What?!" I exclaim before Hagrid puts me on the hippogriff.

"Don't pull out any of his feathers, cause he won't thank ye' for that!" Hagrid says before hitting buckbeak, making him run across before flying off. All I hear are some students yelling before the wind fills my ears.

I wrap my arms around the hippogriffs neck as he flies up and around hogwarts.

I grin as I look down at the water of the lake. His claws grazing the water as I grin excitedly.

Hagrid then whistles as we return down to the ground.

"Well done y/n! And we'll done buckbeak!" Hagrid announces as I run my hand across the hippogriff feathers happily.

I swing my legs over to one side before hopping off and grinning proudly.

Draco smirks as he pushes through everyone, walking towards the hippogriff.

"Yes. You're not dangerous at all, are you?" Draco grins as buckbeak flaps his wings warningly at the boy.

"Malfoy!" Hagrid exclaims as buckbeak attacks the boy, making him fall to the ground with nothing but a graze on his arm.

"Buckbeak!" Hagrid says as he forces buckbeak to back down.

He throws some meat at the hippogriff walks over to it.

"It's killed me! It's killed me!" Draco whines as I roll my eyes and kneel beside the boy, Hermione hurrying over aswell.

"Calm down! It's— it's just a scratch!" Hagrid says as Draco stays on the ground, clutching his arm in fake pain.

"I'll accompany him to the hospital wing." I state as Hermione walks over to him aswell.

"Me aswell." Hermione says as I help Draco up, making him lean against my side for support.

"You're going to regret this! You and your bloodily chicken!" Draco yells back dramatically as I glare at the male.

"Stop being such a baby." Hermione states as the students snicker slightly but quickly hide it.