books.

Dear Diluc,

Do you remember the time Kaeya and I hid all of your books? I'm sure you do - it was a big deal for you, after all. You stopped talking to us for a week. It was initially Kaeya's reckless idea, if I remember correctly. But he eventually roped me in it.

If you're wondering why we did it, I suppose I can tell you now, since you wouldn't hold a grudge. At least, that's what I hope.

You had just gotten into reading and because of that, you hung out with us less and less. You'd spend so much time in your father's study, picking up different books we'd never seen.

This slowly developed Kaeya's plan.

Your father scolded us for what we did, but I guess it was worth it in the end because you eventually gave in. It was definitely selfish of me, but if I had the chance, I'd do it all again.

Sincerely, Y/n.

──────

"Y/n, if we don't do this, Diluc will never ever hang out with us!" Kaeya shook his head at the younger girl, trying to persuade her. "What if he stops playing with us? Forever!"

She was crying, her hands balled up fists, covering her wet eyes. "No! I want to play with you and Diluc."

"Yes, so let's go Y/n!" Kaeya dashed into his father's study, beckoning the younger girl to follow him. "We're going to hide all of his books!"

"We'll be in trouble if he finds out it was us." Y/n frowned as the navy haired boy stacked large books into her arms, perhaps too heavy for her, but she did as he ordered nevertheless.

"I know, but we'll deal with that later." Kaeya winked, the young and immature smile still plastered on his face.

A smile that reassured the both of them that it'd be alright.