𝗲𝗽𝗶𝘀𝗼𝗱𝗲 𝟬𝟬𝟬

Start from the beginning

"Pull your car into the driveway 'fore you come in. 'Round here someone will hotwire that thing for you can get off the porch."

▁▁▁▁▁

"I don't know. She's been doing pretty good in the community college here. Staying out of trouble, taking care of her responsibilities." My mom said. She sat on the couch in between me and my sister Solei. The coach sat in the armchair next to us with Keomi across from him in a identical chair. Nyrii had also came down to join us after a while, but she was sat on the floor by mom and Solei feet.

"I understand that ma'am, but I can assure you she would thrive in those same qualities while attending our school. We have a strict no tolerance policy, and responsibility would come from keeping up with not only her schedule, but also maintaining good grades which could be helped with a tutor if needed." The coach promised. My mom sighed, looking through the same papers he had handed me earlier. She glanced at me and I only smiled, letting her know that this was something I wanted.

"And if she transferred she'd still be considered a sophomore, right? No extra years of college?" She asked.

"Yes. Because of how many classes she's already passed, she is all caught up in Cal-U terms." Mav answered. My mom nodded, flipping another page of the packet and continuing reading. Once she was done she closed it and gave it to Ny who put it on the coffee table.

"Well, thank you for the offer. We'll discuss it as a family and we will be in contact." My mom said, making me roll my eyes and sink back into my chair, which made her pluck the side of my ear.

"While I understand this may be a hard decision, it is important to consider that there is a time limit of sorts. The school semester starts in January and if you haven't come to a agreement by then, I'm sorry to say I don't know if the board would be able to make this work. But, I've spoken to y/n while you were upstairs and she has told me that this is an opportunity she'd like to pursue." Coach spoke. My mom turned her head to me, asking for my opinion.

"Well, the school does seem nice and I'd be able to keep my same major. I know it's a little far but, there's breaks and stuff and I'd be doing something I love. Basketball. It wouldn't even cost you ma, full-ride scholarship."

"To go along with the distance thing, with the breaks Cal-U offers, they also have a parents weekend that is also open to other family visitors. It isn't limited to just parents." Maverick added. My mom sighed heavily once again. "Is there anything we could do to make you more comfortable with this decision?"

"If y/n was to go to your school, she'd be one of the smartest kids on your team. But, she does have a condition, dyscalculia. It's kind of a- a number blindness of sorts."

"I know, she told me. And there will be tutors to aid that, and who will take the time to help her, even if she needs more than one tutor we will make sure she stays on top of her grades regardless." The coach reassures. My mom nods, thinking the offer over heavily, you could see it on her face. Which is why everyone in the room had gone silent.

"Okay."

▁▁▁▁▁

January 2nd, 2019...

"Don't be a crybaby." I said to Keomi. She rolled her eyes, wiping from underneath her eyelashes.

"I'm not, it's just mad hot in here. Got my eyeballs sweaty and shit, bout to mess up my mascara." She complained. I gave her a look and she just responded with a watery smile, pulling me in for a hug that forced her to stand on her tippy toes.