Chapter 38~ everything

Start from the beginning

"Sometimes I do, but slow dancing to a slow song is so calming and I feel like it makes so many special moments. I don't know but-" I began to ramble as Wilbur just listened.

However, not too long into my rant, he began wondering around the room and messing with something on his phone.

I cut myself off, looking up at him before chuckling slightly. "What're you doing?" I watched him amusingly. He smiled back at me before turning back to his phone.

"Come here." He put his phone down and held out a hand to me. We hadn't changed out of our outfits that we wore to the disco yet so we were both dressed quite formal.

I cautiously walked over to him and took my hand in his. Before I knew it 'hold my girl' by George Ezra began playing through the speaker of Wilburs phone. vv

I blushed just by the song he had chosen. "What did I do? You're blushing." He chuckled, pulling me closer before letting both his hands rest on my waist.

I looked down, both my hands automatically resting on his shoulders. "I'm not blushing." I lied, and it was obvious I was lying.

The song lyrics began to play and Wilbur began swaying us both side to side ever so slightly.

"Hmm, if you say so." I looked back up at him, earning a playful wink. I hid my face into his chest, trying to hide the fact that my face was turning yet a brighter red.

"What happened to, 'I don't dance Wilbur'?" I joked as I could feel his eyes staring down at me.

"You've just got a rare version of Wilbur at the moment." He joked back causing me to laugh quietly into his chest. "Now, I'm desperate to know why you were blushing."

He gently lifted my head to look him in the eyes as I was still a flustered mess. "I just, like your choice of song." I shrugged as a grin emerged onto his face.

"I thought you might." He tightened his grip on my waist ever so slightly as we both just smiled at each other, swaying to the music.

'give me a minute to hold my girl'

Wilbur took my hand, spinning me around, as a massive smile appeared on my face.

'give me a minute to hold my girl'

"How many spins will it take for you to get dizzy?" He whispered. Another laugh escaped my lips as he began spinning me in continuous circles.

*Wilburs pov*

I kept spinning her as she continued to laugh uncontrollably. I adored this girl more than anything, and seeing her all dressed up and happy warmed my heart.

The chorus ended and she lost grip of my hand and stopped spinning. She held onto her stomach as she still hadn't stopped laughing.

She struggled with her balance as I walked over, holding her still whilst her laughter began to slow down. "You're gonna be the death of me, Mackenzie Hudson."

She smiled innocently up at me as I shook my head, placing a small kiss on top of her head. She wrapped her arms around my torso, beginning to carry on swaying us side to side.

We stayed in silence, my hands rested on her lower back as we just listened to the music peacefully. I felt her snuggle closer into my chest, a happy, satisfied hum escaping her lips only seconds after.

A more upbeat part of the song came on as I pulled back to look down at her. "What?" She looked at me confused.

'my girl, my girl'

I held tightly onto her waist and lifted her from the ground, spinning both of us before resting her carefully back to the floor. "You're an idiot." She laughed.

"Yet you still stick with me." She nodded, chuckling at my response.

'I've got time, I've got love. Got confidence you'll rise above.'

I once, again pulled her closer to me, resting my forehead against hers.

'give me a minute to hold my girl, give me a minute to hold me girl'

At that moment I wanted nothing but to call her mine. My head raced with the thoughts of what it would be like for us actually to label each other as boyfriend and girlfriend.

*Mackenzies pov*

The song sadly came to an end. "Thank you, Will." I mumbled.

"For what?"

"Everything."

"You don't need to thank me, darling." I looked up at him, just looking into his eyes for a moment before leaning in and placing a kiss on his lips.

He didn't hesitate to kiss back, this one was more passionate than the first time. It was just as meaningful but felt so much more natural. "Shall we get some sleep?" Wilbur spoke as we parted. I just nodded gently.

"Let me quickly get changed first." I whispered back, taking a pair of my pyjamas and walking into the bathroom.

I came back out to Wilbur already changed and struggling to stay awake as he lay under the covers of the bed.

"You could've just went to sleep, you know?" He didn't even respond to me with actual words. Instead, he hummed mindlessly and put out his arms for me to lie in.

I smiled and lay down on the bed beside him, almost instantly falling to sleep in Wilburs arms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
word count: 1421