the blonde had three pans he was multi-tasking. he sprinkled a pinch of salt over two freshly cracked eggs which were frying as he stirred through a saucepan of miso soup and sautéed a pan full of tofu along side it.

the smell of acerbic coffee filled my nostrils, and i could already feel my mouth watering. i hadn't eaten in at least 24 hours. and i couldn't think of anything i wanted more.

and as if he had read my mind, he spoke: "you want some, or whatever..?" "yes." i immediately responded, feeling my stomach growl in need.

"then you're gonna help. i'm not your slave. put the rice in the bowls." my eyes scanned the room, falling upon a medium sized rice cooker and two small porcelain bowls.

i snatched the wooden spoon straight from bakugou's hand, using it to scoop the fluffy rice into the designated dishes. i placed the utensil back in bakugou's hand, ignoring the middle finger i had received straight to my face.

"get the kimchi from the fridge." i nodded and bent down to open the fridge, scanning the shelves for the red naba cabbage. there was a whole shelf devoted to liquor. different bottles ranging from beer to gin all half drank. i would be lying if i said it wasn't concerning.

my eyes lit up, snatching the see-through container from the top shelf before slamming the door shut. once i had returned back to bakugou, he had already plated most of the food.

on two separate trays, sat two bowls of boiling miso soup decorated with finely sliced tofu wafers and spring onion, the rice bowls had furikake seasoning with a fried egg served on top. finally, a mug of steaming black coffee was poured next to a pair of wooden chopsticks and spoon.

i stared in revelation, wiping a bead of drool from the corner of my mouth. "you'll catch flies." bakugou mumbled, shutting my gaping mouth for me.

"move your ass, halfie!" bakugou called as he exited the room with his tray. "right." i followed him out to the dining table. he placed his tray down, moving towards the shoji doors, sliding them to the right. the sunrise came beaming through just over the mountain's spikes, complimenting the minimalistic room exquisitely.

bakugou's house was at the top of a rather steep hill, and despite the economical price, in comparison to mine this house was much finer in so many ways.

he sat himself down next to me, admiring the view from the table as he dug into his rice. "thank you, bakugou." i thanked him wholeheartedly, making sure to get a slice of tofu on my spoon as i silently slurped the soup.

i hummed in delight, savouring the salty umami taste on my tongue. "i absolutely adore your cooking bakugou." i praised, splitting the fried egg's perfect yolk in half, the orange substance soaking into the rice. and paired with the fluffiness of the rice and the crunchy furikake, it tasted like something god would eat.

"if your food tastes like this, i'm dying to taste your aunt's." bakugou scoffed. "my cooking's the best! you don't need to taste hers!"

...

"sure."

;

"you play the violin?" i asked, shocked. i was learning so many things about bakugou that i never would have thought i'd live to know.

"yeah. my father paid for lessons for me. he had a lot of money, so he paid for whatever instrument i wanted to learn. so i ended up taking lessons for six different instruments every week for about seven years."

i felt like a kid in a candy store. bakugou's room was definitely something to marvel at. his bedroom took up the majority of the attic, and the amount of things he had collected over the years was something i could gape at for hours.

his walls were painted dark green, and the floor boards were painted black. he had a double bed backed up against the central area of his widest wall, strips of LEDs stuck along the edges of the ceiling. his desk was so messy you couldn't even see it's surface. dozens upon dozens of sketches and models scattered around, accompanied by mechanical equipment such as hammers and screws.

he had a large glass case which took up a lot of the room, millions of golden medals and trophies lined up in chronological order. he had several black and white posters of bands and artists taped to his inclined ceiling, a drum set accompanied by an electric guitar, bass, cello and a violin on the wall.

it looked like your average emo teenage boy bedroom. it was a lot nicer than mine. mine was so minimalistic it looked like a bedroom you would see as an exemplification in IKEA.

"your room.. it's amazing." i admitted, reading all of the trophies he had won over the years. "yeah. i made all of the furniture from scratch." he said cockily from behind me, shuffling out of his bathroom as he wiped his hands on his black sweatpants.

"you're a very admirable person, bakugou." he scoffed and hit me over the back of my head, throwing himself down onto his bed which audibly creaked. "nah. have you seen the way everyone treats me at school?" the blonde snickered, pulling his laptop out of his bedside table.

"not really." i admitted nonchalantly, shrugging my shoulders as i sat myself next to him. "since it's my weekend, we're going to watch my favourite movie."

"and that is..?"

"IT."

my face went pale.

"d-do we have to?"

"aww~ is peppermint a pussy?~"

"no. i will watch it."

i ate those words ten minutes into the film, yelping and flinching as georgie's arm was bit right off. bakugou thought nothing of it, laughing monotonously at jump scares and spine-chilling scenes like it was a disney movie.

i felt my soul leave my body as i hid my face behind a pillow i had been holding up in front of my face. bakugou snickered at me, pulling the pillow away. "just watch it like you said you would, dumbass."

i once again, found my life escaping my body as i watched the laptop with one eye open, too intrigued to look away but too scared to properly look. i flinched at the clown's face appearing in the water, hiding my face in bakugou's shoulder.

the blonde tensed up before slowly snaking an arm around my shoulder. i felt myself blush from the unnatural heat flooding to my cheeks, making myself a little more comfortable in his arm. "too scary?" i shook my head. i knew he would endlessly make fun of me if i didn't finish it.

and to be honest, i didn't finish it. i just kept my head dug into bakugou's chest, still flinching at the occasional screaming and the nightmarish lines spoken by pennywise.

i hated that film so badly. i was never going to watch that ever again.

...

"well, time for IT chapter two."