⤷ 15| BATTLE OF THE ASTRONOMY TOWER

Start from the beginning

A determined expression crossed June's face, knowing exactly who to call.

"Kreacher!"

Almost immediately, the house-elf appeared in front of her, his face happy to see her, but that disappeared the moment he realized in what situation she was.

"Mistress June, are you all right?" he questioned. "Take Kreacher's arm. I'll help you out!"

"No," June said quickly. "Please, Kreacher, I need you to inform the Order and get them here. We need back up. Petrificus Totalus!" she added, seeing a Death Eater sneak up to them.

"But—" Kreacher began.

"There is no time, Kreacher!" June yelled. "Just go!"

Kreacher disappeared and June turned to the others. "We need to ensure the students' safety, that's our number one priority. Rally the professors and inform them of what is happening. If they join us, you," she looked at Mabel, Ginny, Luna, Ron, Hermione and Neville, "will be going straight to the common room, all right?"

Although no one had appointed her as leader, no one seemed to question her orders. They all nodded and split into smaller groups before heading out into different hallways.

"I have a bad feeling about this," June confessed quietly to Mabel, as they headed towards the lower floors. "How did they get into Hogwarts without us knowing?"

Mabel shrugged. "I don't know, but if you'll ask Harry, he'll probably say it was Malfoy." She frowned. "They seemed to be hating each other even more this year."

June stopped dead in her tracks as she recalled the last thing Draco had told her.

They are coming, June.

"What's wrong?" Mabel asked, stopping as well and turning around to face June.

Oh no. Oh no. Oh no.

Draco what have you done?

"There is no time to waste," June said, quickening her pace. "We need to—" She stopped abruptly and pulled Mabel back, missing a spell by mere inches.

"Impedimenta!" June yelled.

The spell hit the Death Eater in the chest: he gave a piglike squeal of pain, was lifted off his feet and slammed into the opposite wall, slid down it and fell on the floor, unconscious. June kicked his wand away and summoned ropes to tie his hands and feet together before shoving him in an old closet. She then turned to Mabel.

"We're close to Gryffindor Tower, d'you think you can get back on your own?"

"But—"

"Mabel," June said sternly. "This is no place for you. Besides, the students need you. Tell them everything will be all right but that they must stay in the common room."

Mabel glared at her stubbornly before finally giving a small nod. "Fine."

"Be careful."

"I will," Mabel promised before turning around and slipping around the corner. June could only hope she'd get safely back to the common room.