Chapter 6 - A Day Not Worth Forgetting

Start from the beginning

"Since this is your first time trying them, I'll buy it for the both of us."

"Really? Thanks!"

One of the signs on top of the food stand said regular customers get 15 pieces of bread per bag. But instead, we got 30 per bag. 60 in total for the both of us.

"Uh sir, you accidently put 15 extra pieces of bread in both our bags," Miku said, addressing his mistake.

"Didnt you know? This years festival is holding a huge event about love! Basically, couples who attend the festival today get discounts and super offers on everything."

Wait, does he think we're a couple? Strangely, I feel a little... happy? I dont dislike it for some reason...

"I-its not like that, w-we aren't in a relationship," Miku responded, blushing heavily. Honestly, I felt a bit disappointed.

"Thats right, we're just best friends."

"I wouldnt have guessed... keep them free of charge," the shop owner proferred. We thanked him, and left.

There was an awkward silence between the two of us as we tried to find a place to eat our food in a less crowded area. We found a spot on the outskirts of the festival, grass under the tree.

Not sure why we sat there, maybe because it looked peaceful. Miku was acting peculiar, as if she was fighting with her thoughts. And...

"Here, try them." She insisted on feeding me, holding the bread in her hand and nudging it on my mouth.

"Werent you the one embarrassed about being called a couple?! This makes us look more like one!"

I obviously complied with her request. After I ate it, she looked very satisfied.

"So, what do you think?"

"Its marvelous! Its surprisingly rich in flavor, easy to eat, and the bean paste melts in your mouth!"

"I couldnt agree more."

I repaid her the favor by feeding her too, and we kept feeding each other until it was all gone.

We headed back to enjoy the festival, but since we spent a lot of time eating, people began piling up.

"If we recklessly head in the wave of people, we'll lose each other," I stressed.

"Then lets hold hands," she calmly replied. Her face is the opposite of calm though.

"Are you sure you'll be fine with that? You can always hold my sleeve."

"My arms would get tired from lifting it to hold your sleeve. Its fine."

I held her wrist, and now I get to hold her hands in the same day? Today will definitely never be forgotten.

Walking around, we came across game stands. Since there was that couple event this year, me and Miku abused that power so we could get extra chances at winning prizes from the games. It was Miku's idea.

We played many games, losing almost all of them. Miku somehow ended up winning this funny looking mask from winning one game, and I won a big rabbit plushie. It was as big as a bean bag.

"Isnt it common courtesy for a man to give a girl the toy he won, especially at a festival?"

"Whoever made that rule is stupid. I won this fair and square, no way am I giving it away after all the work I spent on getting it." She pouted, but that didnt last long as we began to laugh.

The fun continued until we spotted Nino, who looked distressed about something. We approached her to see what was wrong.

"Yo." I patted her shoulder, which gave her a shock.