I didn't notice the tears pouring down my face and couldn't hear what Lafayette was saying. Sam tried moving closer but I saw and flinched back further into the corner. Lafayette told him to stop and leave. "Go help Terry in the kitchen or something I got this," he said and Sam nodded before leaving the room. Lafayette turned back to me and slowly reached out until he could hold my hand. "Focus on me, you have to breath," he said in a calm quiet voice. Slowly he pulled me to him. He carefully and slowly laid me back against his chest and left my arms free. "Breath with me, just like I do, you're safe I got you," he said making me focus on the rise and fall of his chests. As I started to calm he slowly wrapped his arms around me, making me feel safe. He was the first person who had been able to calm me like this, not even grams could touch me without me flinching when I was like this. Once I was calmed down and breathing normal again Lafayette relaxed and looked down at me. "You didn't have to do that," he said quietly. I scoffed and pulled away and shakily standing up. "Yes I did, you're like a brother, hell you might as well be and I will be damned if I let anyone treat you with anything but respect and dignity. I don't care who they are," I said as I started cleaning the tears from my face, "Terry shouldn't have grabbed me like that, but it was probably a good thing he did."

Lafayette came over with his make up bag and started fixing my make up looking at me sadly. "Ya ever gonna tell me what happened?" He asked as he put fresh make up on my face and straightened up my hair. I smiled at him, knowing I would just not today. "One day I will tell all of you, but not yet," I said shakily. He nodded and smiled down at me knowing he would be the first one I told. He was always the first to know even before Sookie which made her mad sometimes, but she got it. "Alright how do I look," I said more than asked hoping no one would be able to tell I had been crying. Lafayette looked at me smiling big and snapping his finger, "Baby girl if I wasn't gay.." I laughed at him as he held the door open for me. He walked in front of me as Sookie came running over with concern all over her face. Lafayette stopped her and shook his head, giving me the chance to walk by and back to the bar. "Leave it Sook, she will talk when she's ready," he said gently and walking back to the kitchen. I noticed the men were now gone and I continued about my work at the bar, ignoring the looks from people. A little while later Sam walked up to me cautiously remembering how I flinched in his office. "You good Sel?" He asked giving me a concerned look, "Maybe you should take the rest of the night off." I shook my head and didn't look up as I continued making drinks. "I'm fine Sam," I said as I put the drinks on the bar in front of the people who had asked for them. When I looked up I saw he still had the same look.

"I mean it," I said putting on a smile before turning back to work. Sam stayed up with me the rest of the night helping when needed. I heard the door open and looked up when I heard whispers starting. Merlotte's just had it's first vampire walk through the door. He looked around his eyes resting on mine for a moment before he headed over to a booth, one I knew to be Sookie's. The Rattree's sat behind him and I could see just by their looks what they were thinking. Sam tensed up when he saw Sookie walk over excitedly and talking to the dark haired vampire. "She'll be fine Sam," I said making him shake his head. I went back to work only half listening to Sookie as she ran back and forth between us and the vampire. After a about an hour she came up looking upset. "What's wrong?" I asked as me and Sam walked over. She gave me a guilty look and I knew she had heard something in someones mind, "Out with it Sook." She rambled out how the Rattree's were planning on draining the vampire, Bill, and selling his blood. When she turned back Bill and the Rattree's were gone and she went running towards the door. Sam went to chase him, but I stopped him. "I got it," I said as I set the bar rag down and went to follow. I chased after Sookie and found her sneaking up to a chain. I stopped her and whispered for her to stay behind me. I could the Rattree's had silver holding the vampire down as they hooked up ivs and drained him. Bill saw me with the chain and tried not to give me away, but I also saw concern in his face. Once I was close enough I threw the chain and watched as it wrapped around the guys throat. He fell back and began choking as the chain was tightened around his throat. The woman pulled the chains loose a little and grabbed a knife moving towards me. "Stupid fuckin move bitch," she said glaring at me. I took a fighting stance and smirked at her, "Maybe but you'll be stupider if you try it." We stood staring at each other for a minute before she finally decided not to try taking me on.

"This ain't over," she said seething before grabbing her husband and dragging him off. Sookie ran to help Bill and I walked closer, watching him closely. "Thank you," he said sliding back against a tree as Sook pulled the silver chain off of him. Sook turned to me and I felt a rush of air before we turned to see Bill gone. "C'mon, Sam's gonna be freaking out," I said pulling Sookie back towards the bar. When we walked back in I watched as Sam started checking over Sookie asking if she was ok. "I'm fine Sam, Sel was the one who took them on and she's fine too by the way," Sookie said slightly irritated that Sam had ignored my existence. We went on the rest of the night which stayed uneventful for my sake. Sookie and I left together and the whole time I felt as if we were being watched. When we got home I saw a light on in Grams kitchen and made my way there with Sookie. She told her about Bill, but thankfully left out what happened with the Rattree's. I eventually made my way up to bed and got snuggled in under my blanket after changing. I hope tonight would be a dreamless sleep, but knowing my luck I doubted it.