Soulmate Requirement || Peter Parker

Peter's hand is warm against your leg where it rests gently as if you'll fade away if he isn't somehow touching you throughout each second. He hasn't spoken much which isn't at all surprising considering he's usually quiet when absorbed in work, but you do notice a upwards twitch to his lips when your hand places over his to hold.

You want to ask if you can help with anything, although it would be a useless question. Honestly you feel a bit useless in general given the situation, failing to have the same skill your boyfriend does when it comes to sciency stuff. The best you can offer is grabbing equipment off the counter or kissing his cheek in silent encouragement that promises all will be okay. How could it not be? There's three Spiderman's in the room and if his variants are anything like himself (which you've learned they definitely are) that's enough smarts to find a solution to any problem.

It's been a long day for both of you even if Peter insists you've had it rougher. Maybe that's true since you were the one surrounded by strangers all day, most of which hold vengeance against your boyfriend or at least some version of Spiderman. Your only comfort throughout the day was that this universe's Peter had promised to help you all get home and he seemed trustworthy enough, after all, you're pretty sure he killed a wizard or something for you guys (although that part is really unclear and you're kinda scared to ask).

It wasn't until about an hour ago that you reconnected with your Peter Parker. Seeing that you have no powers of your own, it was considered best that you remain with Ned and MJ at the former's lola's house instead of an apartment filled with villains. Then when things presumably went south for their Peter, they attempted to find him through magic which brought your Peter back into the picture.

He didn't even need to remove his mask upon stepping through the glowing portal; his voice was enough to have you running towards him before leaping into his arms with legs wrapped around his waist as you cried your relief. He felt terrible to learn that you had been dragged to this universe as well, kissing your forehead and promising to get you both home no matter what it takes which brings us back to the current moment.

Every enemy needs to be fixed; each Peter has been adamant about that. Peter 1 works across the lab with MJ and Ned while Peter 2 works at a station mere feet away from your Peter and yourself. Everyone has been making relatively good progress from what you can tell (not that you really understand shit about how to heal supervillains).

At times, Peter 2 and your Peter will fill the silence with short conversations, allowing you all to learn more about how each variant compares to the other. From the outside, the basic information seems to be very similar between the three. Each were bitten by radioactive spiders turning them into Spiderman, they all have a dead aunt or uncle who inspired them on the path they're on now, and they maintain the image of a friendly neighborhood Spiderman compared to any vengeful or violent hero.

While the Peters have much in common, you have noticed differences in their appearances, personalities, and well, their girlfriends, the latter being a topic your mind just can't seem to let go of for some reason.

Originally you didn't think anything of it when Peter 1 introduced his girlfriend, MJ. You just saw her as a brave, funny girl who quickly earned your respect. It wasn't until Peter 2 also mentioned being in a relationship with a girl named MJ that you raised an eyebrow in thought. Two Peter Parkers across two different universes, each being in happy relationships with a girl who goes by MJ. Now your name definitely isn't MJ nor has anyone called you that, especially Peter who'd much rather call you nicknames like 'bug' or 'sweetheart' than any initials.

While you aren't MJ, you do know a girl from your own universe with the name. She's an admittedly cute red headed girl who's in the same major track as Peter. You've met her a couple of times after he had introduced the two of you and it's no secret that the two study together sometimes. Not once have you questioned it or cared, trusting Peter enough to know he'd never cheat on you, but with what you've learned in this universe, you're beginning to wonder...