Andaaz e Wafa - 2

She didn't realised that there was someone at her back, as she bumped into a soft figure she immediately turned with eyes full of tears only to look at mama who stood there gasping for her breathe.

"Mama mama, kya hua apko?" Wafa couldn't get her words out but when Mama's figure slipped through her fingers as she slid on the floor with her to keep her head from hitting the ground she started shouting hysterically.

"Abu abu, dada jaan" She kept calling them hysterically while trying to check for her breathe and feel for her pulse.

In the hall, every man was left stunned listening to the venom spewing out of Angar's mouth for Wafa. If they were not men who were trained not to show their emotions they would have all gasped at the hatred there was for Wafa in Angar's words. They were flabbergasted as to what has brought down this much hate towards an orphaned innocent soul who they all loved drearily, but before they could say anything to him Wafa's hysterical shrieks reached their ears as they all rushed towards the back entrance.

Angar couldn't understand what was going on nor he recognised the panicked shouts but he followed everyone as if he had no control on his feet.

Talal sahab immediately took Tehmina begum from Wafa's arms and laid her on the sofa at the entrance as Wafa dragged herself towards her mama, without caring about anything else.

"Abu kya ho gaya hai mama ko? ye ankhein kuon nahi khol rahi?" she said while rubbing the palm of her hand and then the sole of her feet.

"Talal me doctor ko called karta hu" Jalal sahab said but Wafa shook her head.

"Mamu gee hume inhe foran hospital leke jana chahie, doctor pata nahi kitna time lagayegi ane mein, Mama ki nabz bohat dheeme chal rahi hai." She said while crying uncontrollably.

"Acha beta khudko sambhalo me ghari nikalwata hu, Bhai sabab ap or Kamal mehmano ko sambhale me or Wafa hospital ja rahe hai." Talal sahab said and immediately called the driver.

"Main bhi chalta hu tum logo ke sath." Baba sahab said but Talal sahab told him not travel to hospital because of the event that was going on. When servant said that the car was ready Angar pushed his father away to pick Tehmina begum but Wafa came in between. Instead of touching her mother, his hands touched Wafa's back as he stood glaring at her form.

"Jab ap inhe mile hi nahi, ye apki mama hai hi nahi, to phir ab kis haq se utha rahe hai ap mama ko" she said with their trembling lips and shaking body.

"Just shut up, tum hoti kon ho mujhe rokne wali, piche hato" he tried to push her away while still gripping her waist when Talal sahab took her into his embrace.

"Ye waqt in sab baaton ka nahi hai, Wafa beta ap apni mama ke sath pichli seat pe betho, chalo Angar."

Talal sahab said walking towards the car with Wafa in his embrace with Angar following up. Wafa grabbed Tehmina begum's head and kept it in her lap without looking at Angar who wanted to kill her. Wafa kept clearing her eyes from tears while trying to wake Tehmina begum. When they reached the hospital she was rushed immediately into the emergency. Talal sahab made Wafa sit on the sofa outside whereas Angar side hugged his father who had moisture in his eyes but appeared strong from the outside.

An aged man came outside from the emergency department when Wafa stood up.

"Murtaza, Tehmina kesi hai ab?" Talal sahab asked eagerly.

"Nahi Talal, Bhabhi ko abhi tuk hosh to nahi aya lekin clearly unhe ek dam bohat bada sadma laga hai, joke unki medical history or is umar me jan leva bhi saabit ho sakta hai, ye me tumhe pehle bhi jata chuka hu ke unhe kisi bhi stress wali situation se door rakhna hai" Doctor Murtaza kept a hand on his friend's shoulder and explained Tehmina begum's medical condition.