12. A Glimpse into Tako's Life

Start from the beginning

"I'm s-sorry." He whispered ashamed, caving in on himself. His elf ears deflating, and eyes burning with unshed tears.

"Yes, please apologize for your shitty existence." Damn she never held back. Those words always cut deep. Left a burning bruise that was hard to repair. There were so many... How did a fifteen-year-old have so much hate in them? "Anyways, I found a wonderful nickname for you... Tako."

Tamaki's eyes widened, attempting to shake his head, already knowing where she was going with this. "P-please d-don't." His voice was so small, cracking from embarrassment.

Heart internally aching and sobbing, begging for her to stop. He looked around the room to see if someone, anyone, would stand up for him. Would save him from her cruelty. But there was no one. Never one. Some of them even looked afraid to stare in his direction.

"Excuse me?" Y/n tilted her head, feeling insulted. "Why should I not call you stupid? Isn't that what Tako means? And isn't that what you are?" Her eyebrows went up in question. Continuing her daily torture routine as though checking off a to-do list.

"N-no I'm not." He murmured.

"I'm sorry, I didn't hear you with all your mumbling?" Y/n taunted, her voice sweet and mocking again. "Speak louder, say you don't like it Amajiki and I won't call you that?" She spoke louder, getting the attention from everyone else. Feigning innocence and concern.

Tamaki's dark eyes glided towards the class, watching how all the students whispered amongst themselves. Some beginning to laugh at him. His eyes meeting again with dark e/c eyes. A challenge in them, a challenge they both knew he wouldn't stand up to.

Tamaki never stood up for himself, and no one ever defended him.

Sometimes her hazing and harassment would be considered farther than bullying. This morning it was only words and calling him something hurtful. Still, Tamaki knew it was only the start. Because behind those dark e/c eyes, he saw she was hurting. Really hurting, which means something happened. And what better way for her to gain control in her life again than to take it out on someone defenseless.

Someone who would never do the same to her.

She held power, and she knew it too. Her father was dangerous, and so was she. It didn't take a genius to understand that at home Y/n L/n was nothing. But here, she held all the power. It came with her name, with the quirk she had. With the legacy she carried.

Without saying anything else, and with shaking hands he grabbed his belongings and bolted from the room. Hearing everyone laugh at him, and the voice of Y/n calling him Tako as a farewell. His anxiety clawing at his throat, the bile of throw up coming up. Feeling embarrassed and useless.

Feeling worthless...

Waking up with tears in his eyes, from the nightmare of his tormenter, Tamaki exhaled. Heart aching and hurting all over again. Counting down from ten, his eyes fixated on his hands as tears stained his large palms. Remembering that he was not in the past, but in the present. And in a predicament, because the person he held captive was none other than Y/n, but from this foreign world he knew nothing of.

She's only been here a couple of days, from when he took her but still. It was messing with him. Everything was the same as his own world, but then again it wasn't.

He was sent here for a mission, to capture as many soul bearers as he could. But he got curious, and he found her and himself.

It was crazy to see his face on billboards with a gentle smile. Suneater, is what this world called him. His hero name. The craziest part was that on some of them he was with Y/n, both smiling in the photo with a blond man their age. The big-3 is what they called themselves. With genuine smiles. He could tell the difference from the forced ones he remembered, on himself and on her.